Chapter 3.16-Namjoon

Yoona hadn't left the apartment since she arrived, almost five months ago now. Any doctors she saw either came to the apartment or she met with them online. While we certainly didn't mind having her around constantly, it really was time to expand her circle.

She spent a lot of time looking out the window at the large park in front of the Han river, seeing the visitors cycling, going for slow walks, and sitting on the benches to enjoy a quiet picnic. I knew she was still quite anxious about being around strangers but I knew of a quieter corner of the park that people rarely visited. When you live your life being famous, you start to learn all the quiet places and ways you can be out while remaining relatively alone.

I gave Yoona a note telling her that I had a special surprise for her the next morning which caused her face to light up. I had also convinced Jin to come with me, worried that something might go wrong and I'd need help if I had to make a quick get-away.

After breakfast the next morning Yoona went to wash up but was back soon enough to see what I had planned. Inviting her to sit down on the couch, I went to grab a pair of shoes Jimin had picked up for her several months ago but were so far unused. She looked at me curiously but allowed me to slip them on her feet and tie the laces.

With her shoes tightly in place I held out a hand to help her up and then crossed the short distance to the apartment door. Yoona stopped a few feet away from the door, refusing to move forward. I knew this would be a big ask for her and I wasn't confident we'd make it to the park, but we needed to start somewhere. Today was an experiment and we'd see what was possible.

I let go of her hand and motioned to her to stay where she was. Then I walked over to the door and slowly swung it open to reveal the apartment complex hallway. It was empty, as I expected, but the first step was to get her into the hallway if we could.

I held my hand back out to her, motioning that she should come closer. And she did, just a tiny shuffle but not yet close enough to touch my outstretched hand. We repeated this process several times. Me motioning. Her moving just a sliver closer and receiving a reassuring smile. Eventually she made it all the way to the door and was even willing to peek her eyes around the doorframe to look in the empty hallway. She was looking in the opposite direction when I heard the elevator ding. Of course Yoona paid no attention, unable to hear the sound of the car arriving on our floor.

Gently, I turned her so she could see the elevator doors open, not wanting to catch her by surprise. As she saw the doors slide apart she buried her face in my chest. I was relieved to see Taehyung-ah and Jiminie stepping off together, deep in conversation. This would serve as encouragement to Yoona that even though the hallway was filled with the unknown it could still feel safe. I gently pried her face from my chest so she could see our soulmates coming and felt myself fill with pride watching the huge smile light up her face. Seeing the momentousness of the occasion Taehyung quickly hurried to Yoona, sweeping her up in his arms and twirling her around. Yoona snuggled tight against him burying her face in his shoulder, clearly hoping he would save her from having to go further into the hallway.

I kissed her head and told Tae he could bring her back inside. We admittedly hadn't made it far but I wasn't at all discouraged. It was a slow but important start. When I considered what she'd gone through, I was willing to take as long as necessary to see her heal.

Closing the apartment door behind me, I went to find Yoona in the living room. She was sitting on Taehyung's lap having a simple conversation in sign language. She was quickly learning this new way to communicate and Taehyung was happy to practice with her every day. The two soulmates looked lost in their own little world. While I was disappointed to miss our date, seeing both Yoona and Taehyung happy truly brought me a sense of peace. It was simply delightful watching them so in tune with one another like the world around them had just disappeared.

Instead I went to find Jin, who I knew was free since our picnic date with Yoona didn't quite work out. "Hey Hyung, do you still want to go to the park with me? We already have a picnic packed and I'd still like to go out for a bit."

Jin set down his phone and gave me his gorgeous smile. "Give me just a minute to get ready."

As we walked down to the park Jin laced his fingers with mine and fully opened his bond so we could enjoy the heightened glow of being with a soulmate. We found a spot for our blanket, far enough off the path where we wouldn't be seen but still with a good view of the river. It wasn't long before our picnic was forgotten as I focused on connecting with Jin's plush lips, eventually pushing him back on the blanket so I could hover over him.

"I've missed this" I whispered against his lips, gently brushing them with my own.

"Me too" Jin breathed out, chasing my lips as I pulled away.

It wasn't long before we were both quite worked up. If we didn't stop we were likely to have difficulty reigning in our passion.

"Thanks for coming out with me today Hyung. Do you think maybe we could go on another date again sometime?" I was nervous. Jin seemed to be holding back from re-investing in our soul group relationship and I wasn't sure if this was a one time thing to him. I definitely wanted it to be more than that.

"Sure JoonBug. I'd love to go out with you again."

I got up from the blanket and pulled Jin up, giving him a final kiss before I folded up the blanket and tucked everything under my arm. We returned to the apartment hand in hand looking forward to being back with our other soulmates and seeing what they had been up to while we were gone.