Chapter 4.3-Taehyung

Everything was happening so fast. I had barely gotten to the door when one of the managers set the screaming toddler down. She didn't move, face red with fury and covered with tears.

But oh was she beautiful. She looked like a carbon copy of our Yoona. She had her perfect eyes and nose paired with sweet little lips. Her hair was a black and stood up in two cute pigtails. I rushed over to scoop her up, immediately trying to distract her with funny faces and noises. While she was still crying hysterically, at least her screaming started to die down while she was in my arms. I snuggled her tightly against me whispering words of assurance, swaying from side to side as she clutched me desperately.

I immediately knew that I would never let this precious girl go. All the effort we'd poured into Yoona's recovery would be extended to this little one and her brothers. I couldn't wait to spoil her and love her like crazy.

I stepped away from the crowd near the door hoping it might quiet the girl to have some space. She didn't seem to notice, face buried deep in my neck soaking the collar of my shirt with her tears.

By now one of her brothers had whizzed past, Jimin in close pursuit, while the oldest was being constrained by Yoongi and Jin, relocated to the couch while they tried to reason with him. Everyone seemed to have their hands full. We were lucky to be such a large soul group. It was already clear that this was going to take all of our effort together.

"Hey, Joon Hyung." I got his attention as I continued to pat the little girls back, feeling her slowly relaxing. "Did they come with any stuff? Like a diaper bag, or a blanket? I wonder if she might be comforted by something like that."

He looked just as shocked and confused as I was.

Maybe we should take things back a step. "Do you think we should call one of the other managers so they can help us get the basics? At least some diapers and a couple changes of clothes? Everything else we can probably figure out as we go." I gently nudged Joon Hyung trying to get his attention. He was clearly in shock.

"Oh yeah, uh, ok." He answered, still too stunned to say much more.

I snuggled the little girl closer, encouraging her to melt into me. Every single thing about her reminded me of my soulmate and my heart panged, wishing Yoona was here with us now. I couldn't even begin to imagine her surprise when she came home tomorrow to discover we had her children. Hopefully it would be the good kind of surprised.

I found an armchair in a quiet corner where I could sit down with the little girl who was still hiccuping as she continued to calm down. I kept on gently rubbing her back, offering her endless words of reassurance and comfort. "You're doing such a good job, what a sweet little girl you are, I promise I'll protect you, just relax." Eventually the tears subsided and I felt her breathing even out while she collapsed all of her weight against me.

I knew that I needed to still hold her close even after she relaxed. I needed that just as much for me as for her. I just wasn't ready to let her go. Even when Joon Hyung stopped by about 15 minutes later to tell me that he'd ordered the items I'd requested, I politely quieted him and sent him on my way, not wanting to interrupt the little angel's sleep. I know I had just met this sweet girl but I already felt incredibly protective. She had come from the same environment where our beloved Yoona was so viciously abused. I couldn't help but imagine this little girl had similar trauma. If she did, I wanted to be there every step of the way to help her heal.

I did try to set her down in the middle of the bed for just a minute but she immediately woke up, screaming until I'd snuggled her back into my arms and assured her I wasn't going anywhere.

"Joon Hyung?" I called, hoping he could hear me. I was relieved when I saw him stick his head in the door. "Can you also ask the managers to get a wrap so we can carry our little angel on our backs? It seems she doesn't seem to like being set down."

Joon Hyung nodded. "I'll get two just in case. How is she doing?"

"She seems to be settling. Do you want to come and say hello?" I encouraged my soulmate to come closer so he was in the little girl's sights.

"Can you say 'hi'?" I asked the little girl but she shyly tucked her face against my chest. "Oh, you don't need to be shy. Look at his big smile. If you are lucky he might let you touch his dimples. What do you think?"

Hesitantly she looked at my smiling soulmate, then reached out at hand toward his face, gently running her fingers down his cheek and into his beautiful dimple.

"You can see my dimples whenever you want, ok little angel?" Joon continued to smile at her as he assured her with his words.

The little girl nodded in return, settling back comfortably onto my lap while Namjoon Hyung left to request more supplies.

I felt the girl wiggling on my lap, eventually scooting closer to the edge to slide down to the ground. "Is there something you want to see?" She held tight to my hand, pulling hard to get me to follow her. "What is it? Do you need something? Do you want to look at the things in my room?"

We slowly circled around the room, me describing the pictures on the wall, some small figurines, my computer, and anything else she pointed too. Slowing down she pulled my hand again, this time heading toward the bedroom door. I heard her whisper but couldn't make out the words so I knelt down next to her and turned her to face me. "I didn't hear you, can you say it again?"

"Eat" she said, again so quiet I could barely register it.

"Oh. You must be hungry. Let's get something good for your belly." Scooping her back up into my arms I carried her to the kitchen only to find Joon Hyung cutting up some apples. Showing his dimples again he handed the little girl a piece and let her know she could have more.

"How's it going out here?" I asked him.

"Well, a little rough with the oldest and the middle one is hiding under a bed. But at least we have another day before Yoona and Kookie come back, maybe things will settle a bit by then?"

"Yeah, I hope so". I kissed his cheek in reassurance and then grabbed another slice of apple for myself and the toddler. "I'm sure it will all work out, Hyung. You did the right thing."

I could see my soulmate visibly begin to relax, the weight of the world just slightly removed from his shoulders.

"I hope so. Thank you for saying it though. I really needed that."