Chapter 4.9-Yoona

I think if you asked me as a child I would have never even begun to envision this type of life. Not just because Hyunjin's family sheltered me so much from the world, although that was certainly part of it. This life had been filled with more sorrow than I could imagine, which was replaced with more joy than I thought existed.

That date with Jungkook was the beginning of what would become the next chapter in my life. At the time I was so overwhelmed I couldn't answer. Honestly I'd never spent much time thinking about what I wanted. He was right, Hyunjin never offered me the opportunity and when I returned to my soul group I didn't really have the capacity. They were all so kind and gentle and focused on me I always felt like I had full agency, but when Jungkook mentioned it I suddenly realized how right he was. I was still living someone else's life.

A few weeks later I brought them all together with my own letter.

My beloved soulmates,

Thank you for loving me so fiercely. You are more than I could have ever imagined.

A few weeks ago Kookie asked me what my own dreams were. I'd never really considered that, but after a few weeks I think I know. I'm a little nervous sharing this because my dreams may change over time and I hope that is ok. There is just so much world out there to explore and so little I still know about it.

My first dream is this: I want to go to one of your concerts. If you will reunite in making music and begin touring the children and I will come with. If you do that for me I'll make a commitment to you that I'll keep working on my fear of crowds so I can be there for you instead of you feeling like you need to be there for me.

My second dream is this: If you ever stop touring I want to become a teacher for deaf students. I know I need to keep working on my own sign language to accomplish this but with that vision in mine I'll work even harder. Taehyung you've been my ever faithful companion on my sign language journey and I cannot thank you enough. It's time for me to transition to learning sign language for myself and not for someone else. I hope all of you will continue to learn with me so I can continue to share my life with you as openly and fully as possible.

Most importantly my dream is to be together. The eight of us working together to grow and raise our three children. I think by now it is clear, these are not just "my" children. They certainly aren't Hyunjin's children. Thank you for embracing all four of us as your own.

Your loving soulmate,

Yoona

Now, six months later my soulmates, my children and I were traveling the world as they put on concerts in packed stadiums. Seeing them perform together almost felt mind boggling. I joked with them that I was glad that I couldn't hear because there was already so much to take in that I didn't think I could handle hearing them singing too. They had taken the time to explain each song to me, allowing me to learn the lyrics, see the musical score, and experience the beat. I felt no loss not being able to hear at their concerts feeling like I was still able to fully experience everything they had to offer.

The children were blossoming. Each of them had soulmates they gravitated to, ones that more closely matched their personality, needs, or interests. Jihoon was often with Yoongi in the studio learning how to make music or begging Kookie to take him to the gym so they could work out. Jiwon was a voracious learner and Namjoon never seemed to tire of his endless questions. When he needed a quiet hug or someone to assure him that it was ok to be shy and quiet in the world Jimin and Hobi were where he found shelter. Little Jina was attached to Taehyung like an appendage except when Jin was around. They both had a goofy personality that made her laugh and endless energy to chase her around and play games.

My parents had also made it back to Korea. Our reunion was a teary one. For years while they were abroad they had felt guilty about what had happened to me, helpless to do anything about it. Seeing me flourishing with my real soulmates helped assuage their guilt. We saw them several times a week and the children were growing close to their grandparents too.

The concert for the evening was just ending and as each of my soulmates came off stage I gave them a small kiss and a whisper of their name, encouraging them to change and wash up so we could return to the hotel. Kookie was always the last to exit the stage, finding it hardest to say goodbye to the fans. As he came off he slipped his arms around my waist and held me close giving me a more passionate kiss than the others.

Pulling back so I could see his hands he began to sign.

Did you enjoy the concert? I loved seeing you in the crowd.

I gave a glowing smile in return nodding happily.

Good. Now let's collect our soulmates and get back to the hotel. It's time to get this show on the road.