Chapter 3.23-Yoona

I had begun to enjoy going out and experiencing the world with my soulmates. Over time good memories made with my soulmates were slowly starting to crowd out the bad memories in my mind and my anxiety slowly decreased as I became fully comfortable.

Each of them would take me on little dates. It felt like the whole universe was opening up to me. Every day I was seeing new things and learning new things. I worried my soulmates would tire of how slow I was on walks, looking at all the shops in wonder, but they never seemed to mind. Instead they were always looking for new places to go, new things to see and taste, and new experiences. My world was going from black and white to full color and I loved every minute of it.

Namjoon told me that Kookie was planning something big for us for our next date but wouldn't share any more. I knew that Joon Oppa couldn't resist my puppy dog eyes but even that didn't work this time. He just would not budge. So I spent the rest of the day glaring at him any time he came near, making sure he felt terrible about leaving me in suspense. But every time he saw me he burst out laughing and came to pinch my cheeks, refusing to reveal more.

A few days later Kookie let me know we were going on a little trip, just the two of us. We'd be gone for three days but he assured me that I shouldn't worry. We'd call the rest of our soulmates every day while we were traveling. Jin would pack my bag for me so it would remain a surprise where we were going. I'd never left Seoul or the estate so I was excited to see somewhere new.

I tried everyone, seeing if I could get even a clue where we were going. I used all the tricks I knew: tears calling them 'Oppa', pouting, cuddling, pleading, soft kisses. But nobody would tell me anything no matter how I asked. They were like an impenetrable wall.

Finally the day to travel came and I kissed all of my soulmates goodbye, tightly gripping Kookie's hand as he carried our bags. When we got to the airport the car drove straight out to a small plane. I'd never been on a plane before but I was pretty sure from what I'd seen on tv that you normally go through a building with lots of people first. When I looked at him in confusion he just smiled and nodded to me, holding his hand out so we could get on the small plane together.

Shortly after we were settled in our seats the plane started moving. It was a little bumpy, but then when we accelerated I felt my stomach drop. I clutched Kookie's hand tighter, pulling his arm close to me while he tried to assure me with small kisses to my hair. As soon as I saw him unbuckle his seatbelt I unbuckled mine and leapt into his lap, holding him as close as possible. Out of everyone Kookie was my protector and I knew as long as I was in his arms I'd be safe.

I could feel a rumble of a laugh before he began humming and swaying from side to side, trying to lull my anxiety away. We sat this way for the rest of the trip until Jungkook motioned to me that I needed to go back to my seat and helped me buckle my seatbelt back up. If taking off was scary, landing was even worse. I eventually just squeezed my eyes tight trusting Kookie wouldn't put me in a dangerous position.

Stepping off the plane I could feel the icy cold. It was much cooler than Seoul and piles of snow lay on the ground. I looked at him questioningly and he pulled out his phone.

We are in the far north of Japan.

Japan? Really? I looked at him in confusion and quickly signed, "why?"

You'll see.

I could see him start to laugh while I glared at him. While I trusted my soulmates, I think they didn't quite understand how much I still disliked surprises. While I was with Hyunjin, any surprise was unlikely to be a good thing. I knew my soulmates would only give me nice things, but I was never able to overcome my initial response of anxiety when I didn't know what was going to happen.

Holding my hand Kookie pulled me into the back seat of an SUV that was waiting near the plane. Nodding to the driver to go he wrapped his arm around me. It was only a few seconds before he pulled back, taking off his sweatshirt and pulling it over my head instead. I really wasn't dressed appropriately for the weather. I could only hope Jin had packed me enough warm clothes for the trip.

The drive was beautiful, through rural areas that were covered with snow and a few spread out traditional homes. I really couldn't figure out where we were going but every time I drew my eyes away from the scenery to look at Kookie he seemed relaxed and nodded at me in confirmation.

Eventually I stopped watching out the window and snuggled into Kookie chest feeling a bit sleepy from the long car ride. It felt like I'd only been asleep for a few minutes when Kookie began to shake me awake, a dirt road rumbling beneath us.

Looking up I saw a large glass dome surrounded by smaller glass domes. The smaller domes looked like you could see out, but were reflective so you couldn't see inside. What was this place?

"Kookie?" I whispered anxiously. I was suddenly feeling a bit nervous. I wasn't sure why but I just had never been to a place like this before. It also was hitting me that I was really far away from the rest of my soulmates. I suddenly wasn't sure I was ready for that.

Kookie kissed my cheek and helped me out of the car. I squeezed his hand tight, largely hiding behind him as we walked into the bigger glass dome. I could see a small dining area, some couches around a roaring fireplace, and a desk with a woman standing behind it. Kookie bowed to the lady handing over a few documents before he handed her a key in exchange. I couldn't hear what they were saying so instead I busied myself looking around and admiring the view. Outside the large windows I could see a long hill down to a beautiful lake with forests on the other side and mountains in the distance. The snow looked pristine, barely disturbed anywhere in sight.

When he was done talking to the lady, Kookie took my hand and led me down some steps to an underground hallway. He stopped at the end of the tunnel in front of a door marked 6, sliding the key in and then pulling me in behind him. We ascended a few stairs suddenly in one of the smaller domes I'd seen. It had three rooms, a living room, a bedroom with a large soft looking bed, and a bathroom. The entire structure around us was glass except for one small area that held a cozy looking fireplace.

Our driver had followed us. Dropping the bags in the room before he bowed and left us. I couldn't stop staring at the beautiful views from every angle, this place was incredible.

Setting a shoulder bag out on the table Kookie took out his tablet and a small keyboard. Then he used his phone to write me a note.

Shall we call our other soulmates and make them jealous of our beautiful space?

A vigorously nodded yes. I felt like they spent so much time showing me new things, I was excited for the opportunity to share something new with them. At the same time I was realizing that we'd be apart for three full days and I was already starting to miss them. While I had Kookie, I was increasingly unsure about being away from the others.

Kookie set up the tablet and invited me to sit on his lap while he connected our video call. Soon I saw Yoongi's face pop up. One nice thing about being connected on the device was that it was easy to use the chat feature so I didn't feel like I was missing as much as I usually did. I blissfully showed each of my soulmates the space then spent time chatting with each of them. Several reminded me that even though I was on a trip they still expected me to work daily on my therapy and studies. I'd still have daily calls with my sign language tutor and the rest of my soulmates had given Kookie instructions on how to keep up with the rest of my therapies.

I promised I'd do my best, always seeking to find ways to make my soulmates proud. This was my first trip. While I already missed being at home I wanted to prove to everyone, including myself, just how far I'd come.