Part 3

Two months later...

Studying had become a normal part of the daily routine that Lucy settled into. After a successful undercover mission, Lucy was happy to focus on her sole priority, other than Tamara and Tim; becoming a TO. Lucy didn't realize the amount of stress that would come with the TO exam. She constantly fixated on a few things that she knew would screw with her mind.

Walking into the station on the morning of her test, she became increasingly more anxious. Tim grabbed her hand and held it for a bit, letting her know that he was there. That helped her more than he knew.

After about 3 excruciating hours, Lucy had finished the exam and was called into Grey's office.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Grey nodded and motioned for her to close the door.

"So, I won't have your exam results until tomorrow, but if you would like to get a taste of being a TO on patrol, I could have you work with Juarez. Nolan is only about halfway through her training." Lucy smiled.

"That sounds like a great plan. Where will John go?"

"I'll have him ride solo, just for today." Lucy nodded and headed to see her rookie. 

"Celina, you are riding with me today," Lucy said, "are you okay with that?"

"Of course, ma'am," Juarez replied. 

"First of all, just call me Lucy, and second, Nolan you are riding solo. Grey signed off on it," John nodded.

"I'll go get the war bags and load up the shop," Celina walked away and headed towards the gear. 

"Sorry I took your rookie." Lucy laughed a bit as she said it. 

"Hey, it is not a problem. Did you get the exam results?" Lucy shook her head. 

"No, but Sarge said that he should have them by tomorrow. I just really hope that I passed," 

"I have all of the faith that you did. You are too amazing to not have passed," Lucy thanked him and headed to meet Celina at their shop. 

"Ready to roll?" Celina nodded and they headed out.

About an hour into patrol, they caught some action. Someone blew through a stop sign; basically the most common thing you could find.

"Control, this is 7-L-19, I need you to run a plate. ID is 5-Henry-King-Robert-2-2-6."

"7-L-19, the plate is registered to a Caleb Mason, 22 years of age and current residence of 998 Captain Ave," Lucy flinches at the name, which Juarez notices. She, however, doesn't say anything.

"Copy," Lucy finishes. The two women exit the shop and walk up bedside the vehicle. 

"Hello, sir. License and registration, please." Celina asks.

"Here," He has a warm smile; not like the one that Caleb had a few years ago. That still sends chills down Chen's spine. 

"Do you know why we stopped you?" 

"I do not, no," 

"You blew through a stop sign. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic,"

"I am very sorry officers,"

"Here is a citation, and your information back. Just be careful next time," Celina mentions.

"I will, thank you,"

"Have a good day sir," He nods, and drives away once the two are back in their shop. 

Celina knew something was off with Lucy, but didn't want to badger. Except, she really did. Once the women were driving around again, she decides to ask. 

"Lucy, are you okay?" Lucy looks quickly at Celina and then flips her attention back to the road. 

"I guess, why?"

"I noticed that when control mentioned that man's name, you flinched. You seemed taken aback,"

"He shared the name with someone that hurt me," Celina was speechless. She hadn't really gotten to know Lucy all that well, and this was certainly surprising. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you," Celina gazed out the window.

"Oh, you didn't upset me at all. It was a couple of years ago, and I had gone on a date with this guy that Tim encouraged me to go out with. We went to a bar, and he slipped something in my drink. By the time I realized it in my drunken state, he was stuffing me in the trunk of his car. I woke up in a place I wasn't familiar with. Later that day, he walked me out away from the house, stuck me in a barrel and burried me alive. Tim was the one that found me, and saved my life, but he blamed himself for my being taken," Celina looked as if she'd seen a ghost.

"I am so sorry that happened to you, Lucy," Lucy have her a small smile. 

"His name was Caleb Wright. He was one of Rosalind Dyer's protégés," Lucy sighed, "Anyway, let's finish patrol." Celina agreed and the two continued on their route.