Part 5

One week later...

Lucy was back home, and happy to not be cooped up in the hospital. She did, however, miss patrol with a passion. One thing that bothered her was that she wouldn't be able to attend the classes to become a TO. 

Right now, she was slowly walking to the kitchen, but not alone as Tim had been attached to her hip. Tim and Tamara took turns making sure that Lucy was not overdoing daily activities. But, because she is Lucy, she always did in some way. 

The woman hated being helpless in certain circumstances, but this was beyond brutal. She still had one to two weeks before she was allowed to step foot in the station. 

"Hey, I was wondering if you are feeling up to maybe taking a walk tonight?" Tim asked and then continued, "But, you can always say no,"

"That sounds like a great idea." Lucy smiled, "Don't get me wrong, I love our home, but I need to get out of here. I'm going stir crazy," Lucy sighed and Tim hugged her as softly as he could, careful not to hurt her.

"Maybe, you might even like T to join us. She said that she is free tonight," Lucy never stopped smiling. 

"Sounds great. I have to get ready for work, so don't do anything strenuous until I come back. I won't be long," Tim kissed Lucy and headed to their bedroom.

Soon, Tim was headed out the door, but not before he bid his farewell to Lucy. He was overly excited about their walk that would occur later that night. 

While at the station, Tim couldn't begin to count the amount of people that asked about Lucy's condition. But, that stopped after a while, and soon he was visited by Angela. 

"Hey, Timothy. How's Luce?" Tim looked up and smiled. 

"She is strong, and working to get to the point of returning to work. She told me that she was going stir crazy at home. She also agreed to take a walk with me tonight, so she must be feeling slightly ok." Angela smiled.

"So, we are definitely on for tonight?" Lopez winks. Tim chuckles and nods. 

"I can't wait. I'll text Nyla and the gang. Don't you worry about a thing, I have it handled," and with that, Lopez spun on her heels and left his office. 

Both Tim and Lucy thought that the day would never end. As soon as Tim could leave, you bet he did. His plans required that he be home before dinner. Lucy was watching TV as Tamara began to make dinner, and soon Tim pulled into the driveway. 

"I'm home," he said as he walked in. Lucy smiled, and slowly got up to hug him. Tim grabbed her arms, supplying extra support. 

"So, once we have dinner, wanna take that walk?" T asked. She was smiling, and extremely eager to get out of the house.

"Yes," Lucy said while chuckling. Soon, the three sat down and enjoyed their meal. 

"So, where are we walking to?" Lucy asked, curious as to all the secrecy. 

"Well, we can't tell you that. But, what I can tell you is to put a dress on and a cute pair of shoes."

"Wait, my loungewear is not cute enough?" Lucy played with him.

"It definitely is, but this place is a bit fancy,"

"Ok, i'll get ready." Lucy walked into the bedroom and changed into the green dress that she lied about wearing on their first date.

"You look amazing, just like always," Tim said, causing Tamara to reply with, "Get a room, you two. Let's go," tat earned T two adults rolling their eyes, and some laughing.

As the two walked, they took a short trip to the park near the house and sat on the bench. Watcing the sunset, they just cradled each other. Tamara looked over the railing at the water below. She had snuck her camera, and was trying to keep it concealed so Lucy didn't see it.

After a few minutes, Tim, unbeknownst to Lucy, sent a text to Angela that the three were almost there. Walking for a little longer, they came up by a house.

"What's going on here?" Lucy asked, her curiosity getting the best of her. She was surrounded by John, Bailey, Nyla, James, Angela, Wesley, Celina, Aaron, and Wade. But there was also someone she didn't know. 

"Well, when I asked you to move in, I knew that my house was too small for the three of us. So, I looked at a few houses that we could maybe make our home. This here is Ben, the realtor that I have been talking to," Lucy couldn't wipe the smile off her face. 

"I hope you aren't mad that I looked without you." Lucy shook her head. 

"I am most definitely not. You know my style better than anyone," She stared at the house, in awe the entire time.

"So, the reason that Ben is here, is because if you say yes, this house is ours. You can also say no,"

"Why would I say no to this, a house, living with my soulmate, and my best friend. I will say it a million times; yes!" The gang was happy to see their friends happy. Then, the two signed the papers, and Angela handed Lucy the SOLD sticker to place on the sign. Tamara had been capturing every moment on her camera. She sure was happy she did. 

"Congratulations, Chenford!" Aaron said. That earned him confused looks from the entire group. 

"What? It is your names together." 

"We get that, but why?" Tim asked, half laughing.

"Well, you two are together, thus; Chenford," The group chuckled and the happy couple thanked the realtor. Grabbing the keys from him, everyone went into the house and celebrated.

"While all of us are standing here, I wanted to tell Lucy what this house has. Five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a two-car garage, a finished basement with two other bedrooms, and an amazing kitchen. It also has a beautiful open living room," Lucy was still in awe. 

"Wow, baby, this is amazing. Thank you for loving me, and giving me this life," The two kissed and Grey covered his eyes as a joke. It made the group bust out in laughter. 

"You know what this living room is also good for?" Tim asked Lucy.

"What might that be?" Lucy replied, as Tim knelt down on one knee. Angela was stunned; Tim hadn't revealed that part of the plan to her. 

"Lucy Chen, from the moment you were assigned to be my rookie, I knew this was more than just a work partnership. You impress me with everything you do, and I admire your love for myself and others. Will you marry me?" Lucy started crying. All she could get out was a nod of her head, signalling that she said yes. 

Everyone celebrated the night away, making this the most special night for the two. 

Here is what I imagined the house looking like...