Part 29

5 weeks later...

Lucy was now 16 weeks pregnant, and started showing not too long ago. She had another appointment in a few days, and hopefully a health baby. Nothing scared her more than the idea of losing this one. 

Lucy had been assigned Sergeant on this case, and roped the detectives in. The group was investigating the king of a drug trafficking ring, and the murder of his wife. Well, it was not an easy case, to say the least. All detectives were on it, pausing the investigations on their cases. 

As it finally came somewhat to a close, Lucy and Angela found another inconsistency. There were so many throughout this file, and they just had to add one more.

"Hey, Lopez, let's check this out. Get in the shop and I'll be right there," Lucy called, and tossed Lopez her keys. The pair went back to the crime scene, what used to be the penthouse of the suspect and his deceased wife. 

"What are were looking for exactly?" Lucy asked. Pregnancy brain. 

"When Alvarez was interrogated, he said that there was a book that his wife used to love. He never gave us the title. One was collected as evidence; the one on her nightstand. There could be something in it," The two began to look through all of the books in the family room. about 10 minutes later, Lucy finally found something. 

"Angela, I think this might be the one we are searching for," The sergeant flipped through the pages, and folded piece of paper fell out, landing on the marble floor. 

"There's a phone number written on it. Let's look through the shelves one more time, in case we missed something, and then trace it when we get back to the station," Lucy added, and the two began looking again. But, they found nothing else.

A half an hour later, the two arrived back at the station, and filled Nyla in. She ran the number through a few databases, and waited for it to ping. Soon, there was a match. A familiar face appeared.

"That's the friend of the boss, right? We already interrogated him." Angela mentioned, recognizing him. 

"Well, looks like we need to question him again. Have Metro bring him in. I need to see my husband." Lucy said. Angela called Tim and had him pick up the suspect. He walked him into the conference room when they arrived, and soon after, he walked up the see Lucy. 

"Luce." Tim said as he walked closer.

"Hey." Lucy smiled and hugged him.

"What's going on with you?" He asked.

"Aside from the raging hormones, crazy cravings, and constant need to pee?" She questioned, "I just wanted to see you," Tim smiled. He knew that this pregnancy was a little harder on her than the first.

"I have a break in my shift; do you want to go to the food trucks?" Tim knew that this would make his wife happy.

"You know the way to my heart." She turned a different direction and walked to Lopez.

"Hey, Ange, is it okay if I get food with Tim?" 

"Why you asking me, Sarge?" She smirked and Lucy nodded. She asked if the women wanted anything, which was answered with a definite yes. 

"Let's go, baby." Tim grabbed her hand in his and the two walked out. 

After a nice break, the burrito that the woman got was wiped out, and her cravings were satisfied. she then went to get the orders that Angela and Nyla requested. Soon, they too were able to eat. Another detective on the team headed into interrogation with the suspect. 

"Thank you for this, Tim." Lucy said, and kissed her husband. 

"Anything for you, honey. I'll see you at home." He smiled and walked out of the building. 

A few hours later, the woman arrived home, and began to make dinner. Tamara was chilling on the couch doing homework. Collyns was in her playpen, and Harper was with Vanessa for the day. 

Thirty minuted later, Tim walked in, and right behind him was Vanessa with their daughter. 

"Harper Zoe, my love!" Lucy grabbed her from her grandmother's arms and spun her around. The little smile that appeared on Harper's face was adorable. 

"Thank you for taking her today, Mom." Vanessa loved spending her time with her grandbaby, and was excited that there would be another. 

"Of course, honey. Your father and I absolutely adore her, and Collyns, too. Our favorite little girls," Vanessa stayed a little while longer, but soon headed home. 

"Im going to get harper ready for bed." Lucy said to Tim, before continuing, "Could you just watch dinner? It's almost done." Tim nodded. 

"I'm coming with you. Collyns is about to crash." Tamara said, following Lucy upstairs. 

"How was your day, T?" Lucy asked as she got Harper ready for her bath and T was nursing Collyns. 

"It was productive. I got some work done, and Collyns was really good today."

"That's good. Do you want to do a girls' night this weekend? Tim could watch the kids and we could get dinner, or a manicure. Whatever you want." Lucy smiled and Tamara nodded. 

"I'd love to!" She finished nursing Collyns, burped her, and headed to change her. After putting her down, she returned to the bathroom where Lucy was getting Harper out of the bath. She was almost asleep on her mother's shoulder. 

After Lucy successfully put her daughter down, she joined Tamara in the young lady's room. 

"Hey, have you thought of what you want to do for Collyns' first birthday?"

"I have looked through a couple of ideas, but I haven't made a final decision yet. Would you be able to help me figure it out?"

"Of course." The two talked through some other ideas and themes, which Tamara liked. 

Soon, dinner was ready, and the three ate before piling on the couch to end the night with a movie. They all loved this 'tradition' that had been created. 

Hello all!

So sorry about the wait on this chapter. It isn't the best one, but hopefully the next will be. One thing I was thinking about for the next chapter is the reveal of the baby's gender. Would you like to see another surprise reveal at birth or an intimate reveal for the household? Leave a comment below! 

~ C