Chapter 1. The beginning

---Lisa Manoban--- 6 yrs old

I was sitting on the backseat of the car with my Grand Paps. We are heading to our Hacienda. It's my first time to be here with him and I don't know why he accompany me even though I know that in the future he will give this Hacienda to me but I have no interest at all. I don't like farms and i read on the books that farmers are always touching dirt.

"Grand Paps, are we still far?", I ask him but he just smiled at me which makes me a little bit annoyed.

After 30 minutes, The car entered in a big red gate with a big name "Hacienda de Manoban". I was shocked because of what I see on our way to the mansion. There's a banana, mango, sugarcane, coconut and many more trees that I don't know.

My grand Paps open the window of his car and wave a little to all the farmers he sees on the way. They are all smiling on him. After a few minutes we stop and my eyes stock on our beautiful mansion or we say our rest house. The driver open the door for me and for my Grand paps. My grandfather smile to all the people who welcome us.

"Lili, smile for them please", he pleaded and I nod.

"Don Lucio pasok na po kayo at handa na po ang hapunan", the old woman said then she smiled at me.

We entered the mansion and i notice the foods on the table. Honestly, I don't know what food they serve but I think it's delicious. It's already evening when we came so we decided to eat our dinner. After that we rest because of jetlag.

Fast forward

Early morning

I woke up because of sunlight hits my eyes. Someone open the door and wake me up.

"Ms. Lili, bumangon na po kayo at naghihintay na ang inyong lolo sa hardin", the same old woman said. Actually I speak english but I understand filipino language. It's not that hard but eventually I can speak a little bit.

I yawn and nod at her. I took a shower and after 10 mins. I went on the garden to meet my grandfather but he's talking to an old man with a straw hat, his skin is as dark as a soil and the wrinkles on her face shown up. After a few minutes of talking he faced me and smiled at me. That's what I like to see on my grand paps face.

"Grand paps!", I run at him and hug him like I missed him so much.

"Oh, my little Lili! Do you slept well last night?", he ask me.

"Yes lolo, I think because of jet lag", I answered.

"Let's eat breakfast now, I know your little tummy is hungry by now", he said and I laugh. We talked and laughed at the same time. After a few minutes of bonding, my grand paps decided to roam in all over the hacienda. To check the people and the farm.

Fast forward

I was standing in the balcony when I notice a little girl on the garden. She seems so happy with her little dog. I decided to go to her so that I can play with her.

" Miss Lili, san po kayo pupunta? Habilin kasi ng lolo nyo wag kayo lalabas ng mansion", one of the servant told me. "Tawagin nyo po akong manang Fe, miss Lili"

"Look Manang Fe, I only understand few filipino words. If you don't mind can you speak english for me?", I ask her.

"Naku, Ms. Lili hindi po ako marunong mag english, pasensya na po kayo, grade 1 lang kasi natapos ko," she answered. I feel sorry for her. "Is all the people here don't know how to speak english manang Fe?"