Chapter 12. Jealous

__Jennie's POV__

We are heading to the car now when someone shouted my name. I turned my back. "Hey, Jen!" he called my name then he ran and hug me. I was shocked. I know it was Kai. "How are you?" he asked me again.

"I.. I'm fine," I answered him back. I free myself from him. 

"I'm sorry about what happened to your grandma", he said.

"Thank you Kai", i told him. "Long time no see ah." I said and he just smiled at me.

Kai is staring at me. I averted my gaze because it was so awkward. We didn't see each other for more than 5 years. The silence was cut when someone cleared her throat and it was Lisa.

"Oh! Kai, I want you to meet Ms. Lisa Manoban, my boss", I introduced them to each other. "Ms. Lisa, this is Kim, Jongin my..," i was cut by Kai.

"Her suitor and future boyfriend," he said. I cleared my throat. He then averted his gazed to Lisa who seems irritated. "Hello, Miss Manoban, nice meeting you," and he offered his hand to Lisa but the latter ignored his hand and just nod.

"Nice meeting you too, Mr. Kim," she said and turn her back on us. She entered the car and open the window. I don't know why she did that.

"I'm sorry about her," i apologized to Kai.

"Nah, it's ok Jen," he said. "Uhm,.. Jen can I invite you for a dinner tonight?" He asked.

"Oh, uhm., I'm sorry Kai but I'm busy tonight. I'm sorry," I declined his invitation. I don't know why but I'm not comfortable with Kai. Is it because of Lisa?

"Hey, Jen, aren't we going now?" Lisa asked.

"Uhm, Kai, my boss and me have an important thing to do", I said. "Nice meeting you again", I said and bid my goodbye. I make my way to the driver's seat.

"Wait Jen! Can i have your number atleast?" He asked. I turn my head at Lisa who is not in a good mood.

"Yeah, here," and i handed him my business card. "We will going now Kai," i said and close the window.

"Seems your future boyfriend is so eager to be with you," I chuckled on what she say. I want to teased her but i don't want to assume something on us.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her. "Seems that your not in the mood again huh?"

"Nah, don't mind me Jen," she said. "Why you declined his invitation?" She asked.

"Invitation?" I asked. "Oh, you mean the dinner with Kai," I said. "I have so many things to do and I'm so busy."

Fast forward

___Lisa's Pov___

We are now at the mansion. I'm in the veranda and drinking my tea. I'm not in the mood since this morning. Seems this day is so stressful. I don't want to think anymore. That Kai dog I don't like him. Tsk future boyfriend? Thick face! No way! Wait? Why is it that I'm so mad at him. Am I jealous? No no Lisa. I shake my head to the thought. Suddenly i was interrupted by a call. It's my bestfriend.

"Hey chipmunk!", I said

"Hey, monkey! Why is it that you never called me huh? I hate you!" she said. I know she's already mad with her tone. "I miss you already monkey!" she said again. I laughed at her.

"I'm sorry my chipmunk," i told her. "I was so busy here in Hacienda."

"I don't believe in your excuses Manoban", she angrily said. "Don't tell me your busy with someone else right there?"

"Chipmunk, I miss you too!" I changed my voice in an aegyo and i pouted.

"Tsk! You never changed Lis. I know if you hide something from me," she said. " Ah, by the way I have a good news, Lis the Kims already signed the contract" she excitedly reported on me.

"Wow! Congratulations my chipmunk. I know you can do it" I said excitedly.

"Yeah, we will start the project next month, hope that you're here with me. I'm so nervous," she said.

"You can do it, Chaeng," i told her. "I'm here to cheer you up", i assured her.

"Thank u Lis," she said. "How i wish I can visit you there," she said with a sad voice. "Goodnight, Manoban! Take a rest now." She bid her goodbye.

"Goodbye my chipmunk, see you soon", I said and end the call.

Huhh!! how I miss my night life in Makati. I miss my friends already even my work. I drink my tea again and i was puzzled that there's a piece of cake in the table. Who brought this here?

__Jennie's POV___

I'm heading at the veranda where Lisa is. I know she's not in the mood so I decided to baked a chocolate cake for her. Manang Elena helped me. I am in Lisa's side right now when someone called her.

"Hey chipmunk!", she said. Chipmunk? Who the hell is that? Is that her girlfriend or boyfriend?

"I'm sorry my chipmunk," she said again. "I was so busy here in Hacienda." Reasons. My chipmunk, really? Yeah, sorry but she's busy with me. I rolled my eyes.

"Chipmunk, I miss you too!" She said with her aegyo voice then she pouted. I was already pissed off. I don't know why but I want to choked this duck in front of me. I put the cake in the table and left her. This time I'm the one who is not in the mood. That chipmunk I think is her girlfriend or boyfriend. Why i feel hurt with the thought of it. Jennie always guard your heart. Don't fall for her. Don't assume anything.

To be continued...