chapter 7

I ran as my legs could take me. I finally did it. I am so proud of myself. The mansion wasn't in town which was a huge disadvantage because I couldn't find a carriage.

I didn't stop no matter how tired I was.

After sometime I sat down under a tree and brought out the food that grace gave me.

I was eating when I suddenly heard noises. I got up immediately and decided to continue walking no matter how tired I was. I started walking when a small wolf came out of a bush. My heart melted. I started running ad it pursued me. I can't die like this I kept on saying to myself. Its teeth touched my leg and I fell down. immediately I fell down I heard a gunshot. Someone shot it. I looked up to see a young man. his face looked familiar. I didn't know when I lost consciousness.

I opened my eyes and I saw a beautiful chandelier. Where am I. my room in lord jobe house didn't have one. I sat up to see grace by my side. When I saw her, I could feel the blood in my face drain. Am I back here. Suddenly I felt pain in my left leg. It was stitched up. I got injured by that wolf and ended up here?

"lady sophie, how did I let you do this. "grace said as she began to cry.

I didn't even know how and when tears rolled from my eyes. My clothes were changed and I wore white petticoat.

All my plans were ruined. Then lord jobe barged into my new room. Not my room, the new room. He looked at my face and then my leg. He turned to look at grace as grace quickly stood up and bowed her head. He raised her head up and slapped her. It was so loud and hot that I even felt it.

"how dare you "he asked grace. her face was red and she was crying.

I quickly said

"I ran away without her help, she didn't know."

"you, just shut up "he pointed his finger at me.

I didn't shut up, no way.

"she didn't help me, I did it my self.so don't hurt her. "I begged him.

He told grace to leave us as he stared at me in rage. Why was he so angry I left?

"why were you thinking, you would have died if I didn't send Lucas "he asked still in his calm but enraged voice.

"why do you care if I die, I'm going to die here.

I'm suffocated here. I have dreams. I don't want to be here so just...." I said as I cut myself short because of the pain I was felt in my leg area. I held it and the pain increased. I looked up to see him. He was still looking at my leg. How did he even know I was escaping?

{flash back}

6 hrs ago

"the ministers are talking about sophie. Lucas said with a huge smirk.

"then let them talk "I said. I was not just in the mood because of that girl. She annoys me so much. I walked to my widow in deep thoughts. What else could she want, she was living in poverty and I raised her status to a noble woman. She doesn't have to work and she is privileged to have her servants. Yet how can she be still unsatisfied.

I looked outside the window and saw a woman dressed in the maid's uniform. The way she walked was so timid and scared. That asshole john called her and she stopped. She turned her back and I received the shock of my life. "sophie? I said out loud

"whoa lord jobe, it looks like you're falling for this sophie girl "Lucas teased but I didn't pay attention to him. It turns out that john sowed her the way.

"Lucas come here "I called him.

He came and was also shocked.

"follow her, until she's tired and bring her back. I guess she needs exercise "I said as I left him.

"but I have ..." he tried to protest but I shot him a deadly glare.

"it looks like you're jobless since the only thing you talk about is Sophie "I said before leaving the room.

{flash back ended}

"let me get something straight to your head

You're never going to leave here" lord jobe said. When I heard him my heart literally stopped beating.

"so stop all this charade "he added before leaving the room. What does he want from me?