chapter 15

I couldn't stop looking at the window of the carriage. It's been long since I've been out of that mansion. It was nice riding on this beautiful carriage. Jobe was in front of me. He was closing his eyes. He has been like that since I started eating till now. Didn't he sleep ...... wait why and how does it concern me. I just shrugged my mind out of that and enjoyed the view but my mind went to him again. He looked really nice when sleeping. He dressed fancy today. He wore sleeves and a coat. I can't seem to understand this man no matter how hard I tried. He just had so many vices. If he was a nice, caring average and understanding man maybe we would have been really good friends. Ha who am I kidding, we can't be friends either in this life or any one. I found myself laughing out loud and jobe opened his eyes slowly.

I quickly stopped laughing and comported myself.

"what is amusing you,"he said still with his calm and straight forward voice.

"oh um.. it's... no... I just remembered something from my town."I said trying to lie but it didn't seem to buy it.

"what did you remember,"he asked still with the same look on his face.

"um...it was...I did......"I said stammering thinking of what to say

"youre thinking of a lie aren't you."he said cutting me off

"no it's not that lord jobe."I said

"I made it clear before but knowing the kind of woman you are, you're not good at compliance. don't even think of escaping because if you did, you won't like me at all." he said with a serious look on his face this time.

As if I like him now, I thought.

I didn't say anything anymore. I just figure out that I could actually escape if I plan it right. I will be in town where the castle is and I would be able to run and escape from there. I just need to strategies immediately I got to the castle.

We rode in and I could see a lot of men wearing black and red, they must be royal guards I thought. anybody we rode past always bowed at the carriage, no at jobe. Who is this guy. It took quite a long time before I saw the main building. The castle was indeed beautiful and big but lord jobe's mansion was actually bigger and more contemporary. we stopped at the front of the castle. royal guards opened the doors and we came down. I hoped I looked befitting enough. I wore a beige coloured gown which had sleeves. I also packed my curls to the back leaving some strands.

Jobe walked and I walked behind him. It had large classic paintings in the hallways. Jobe walked like he knew every inch of the castle. We got to a study room. It had a blue overall colour unlike the rooms in jobe's house which majorly had dark colours.

He sat down and I kept standing. He looked at me and said

"sit"

I sat down next to the chair he was sitting on.

"now let me let you on what you should do here. Anything I say, smile and nod your head, no matter what."he said and I nodded my head.

I don't know why I felt so nervous but I will be free soon.

Soon, about six royal guards entered the room before the king I supposed entered. He was wearing a royal robe. Jobe did not bow but I wanted to bow but jobe held my hand and pulled me straight. This was the first time jobe held my hand and it felt safe and warm. This was what I was thinking when he squeezed my hands so tight.

"jobe what a lovely surprise "the king said.

But jobe just smiled. How can he disrespect the king like this and still breathing?

"and who is this lovely lady"

"her name is sophie "

I did what jobe told me to do

I smiled and nodded my head.

"and who is she to you "the king asked.

"she's my woman" jobe answered. When I heard that neither did I smile nor nod my head but I looked at him in surprise. Did he just call me his woman? Before I knew it, jobe squeezed my hand and I realised that I should smile and also nod my head and I did that.

"wow, that's new jobe, it was rumoured you had something with melanin the daughter of duke Charles. "the king said surprised.

"you and your son has something quite in common since you're always jumping at rumours" jobe said.

I saw those words as really disrespectful words but the king laughed over it.

"my real aim of coming here is to declare this woman untouchable because I really don't want to do it myself if not it will be ugly to some stubborn people "jobe said before a young fine man entered the room. He looked really anxious and his eyes fell on me. When he looked at me, he stopped breathing so fast and breathed calmly.