chapter 17

I opened my eyes and saw I was in my room. I was lying on my bed. How did I get here? I tried to remember but my head ached when I did. I got up and saw 2 women dressed in the maids' uniform. Ever since grace left, I've been doing everything myself and I wasn't complaining. I don't want to get attached to anybody no more. I stood up and they bowed to me.

"where is jobe" I said calmly. But the maids widened their eyes and fell on their feet. I was utterly shocked then one of them talked

"my lady, you can't say the lords name without respect. It is a grave crime. Please never say that again my lady" one of them said.

Before I knew it my door opened. it was jobe at the door. I stood up and jobe dismissed the maids.

"how did I get here" I said without wasting time.

"what do you mean by that. We rode here with my carriage" he answered innocently

I wasn't moved by that. Not at all.

"I don't remember that. We were about to get attacked. That is all I can remember. What happened to me?" I asked jobe.

"you fainted out of shock" he said sitting on the table opposite my bed.

"shock?? I've encountered a lot of situations you can't even handle..." I said when he caught me off while laughing. I've never seen him laugh. He looked so bright and cute while laughing before he said

"I couldn't handle? You're really something Simi" he said still with a smile

"its fine if you don't tell me. I will find out myself." I replied.

"don't do anything stupid. You have been slightly less annoying these past few weeks so stay like that." He said with his dark face again. He looked so bright when he laughed

"who's melanin and why did you tell the king that about us" I asked because I couldn't take it anymore. I've tried to be dumb with him but it's not just my nature to be intimidated.

"there is no us. ok? And I don't have to explain myself to you. Besides you and melanin have to meet for tea this afternoon. It is compulsory. I can't have women fight in my house." he said.

"she lives here?" I asked

"everyone at the dining hall lives here" he said before he left.