chapter 33

Jobe pov

I can't believe Sophie still left. After all the extortions, warnings and I've been really good to her but she does what she does best

How did I not see this coming she's being calm these days

The funny thing is she thinks she can run away from me.she doesn't ever learns but she would this time.

A knock took me out of my thoughts. It must be Lucas.

he entered the room in my chambers

"we just found out that Sophie was in the stable and saw happy the horse. "he said waiting for me to respond.

She was at the stable?

Is that why she ran away

"she was going to find out anyways

Just find her" I said.

I have a meeting so I can't go with them but they'll eventually find her.

Sophie pov

I woke up realized that I slept. its brighter but I didn't want to sleep because I knew the kind of person jobe is, I can't risk anything going wrong. Jordan has been riding since morning. He must be very tired.

All of a sudden the carriage stopped.

What happened I thought

"hello. Jordan. You ok there?" I asked but there wasn't a response. I tried to open the windows of the carriage but it didn't move. I was so scared. Has jobe found me again?

Someone was trying to open the door, and I didn't even know where I was. I had a lot of money on this carriage so if they're thieves, nothing will happen.

The door finally opened but I saw the person I never thought I would see......

Lucas.........

Why is Lucas here?!!

he had a displeased look on his face.

how did he find me, I was at the verge of tears right now?

He held my hands and took me out of the carriage. I was at lord jobe castle. How am I here.

Where's Jordan?

Was it when I fell asleep?

I can't believe I'm back to my staring point.

"take lady Sophie to her room and get her ready" Lucas told some women I've never seen before.

Where's Benita and Bernice? Were they able to go

I'm so heart broken. As I took every step. My hatred for lord jobe grew harder.

I got to my room and I was washed up. I'm getting ready for him.

Ever since I came back my tongue has been tied. What happened to Jordan and my friends!!!

I got ready and walked to the rose garden. he was sitting sipping something from his cup. He saw me coming and an evil smirk smeared his face. I felt my face so hot.

I sat down opposite him. He looked at me and I did the same.

"the weather is so beautiful; don't you think so?" he asks me

What was he doing, I couldn't hold it anymore.

"what do you want from me "I said weakly

"I thought were passed this stage already Sophie" he answers me with an unserious facial expression.

"the man who rode my carriage, where is he" I asked, scared of the next words that might come out of his mouth.

"oh that man, Lucas must have killed him. He kind off stressed Lucas so he did" he said as he sipped whatever he was drinking again

The tears that I've been holding back. They betrayed me and fell on my cheeks. That man died because of me

"where are my personal maids you assigned to me, Bernice and Benita" I asked still scared but he can't kill them ... right?

"who??, oh those lousy foolish girIs, they probably met the same fate." He said.

I just broke up with the tears running of my eyes.

He just stared at me as I tore up.

"one thing you need to understand Sophie, anytime you do something dumb and stupid you don't suffer but the people that help you ends up meeting a harsh fate, it's not my fault right?" he said still with eye contact.

"I hate you" I blurted out. That was what I was feeling so I said it but immediately I said those words and he smiled sipping from his cup

"I don't know what you want from me but I'll keep on fighting, escaping and I will be successful. And I want my horse back." I stood up about to leave then I stopped looked back at him

I could have left you to die four years ago

I added before I walked out of the garden with my weak legs.