chapter 43

Sophie pov
I held my head high as I walked to dinning.
it would be my last one in this mansion if everything goes well.
I wore a simple attire and my hair, even if short was weaved.

I never ate there after how messy it was the last time.

     I had a seat and smiled to most of them that looked approachable and friendly.

Jobe was not here at the time I arrived.

   When jobe came in, everyone stood up and gave a bow including me.
everyone was served and they talked about things that did not matter to me.
   I have not seen him trying to glance at me or even look at me.

   Was he angry at me?
    Well, he is always angry with me.
Now I think about it, I was a little harsh when rejecting his proposal.
He was heartbroken and accepted that it was never going to work out and decided to let me go.

   But he was coming with me, so I do not trust his words totally.

I glanced at him, but he was talking to a light-coloured hair man beside him. I was not seating close to him, and he did not ……

What am I even thinking about. My freedom is close, and I will not screw it up.
“I have a trip on a few days” I heard lord jobe saying to a blonde man.

“We will send a mail regarding rescheduling to the queen” he replied.
Did he mean our trip, and he is making big reschedules?

I feel this trip will not be as easy and ordinary as I think it would be because its jobe, and he is not a normal being.

I was done eating and about to leave before I heard that voice that always gives me the shudders.

“Lady Sophie stays behind.”
Everyone gave me glances but left the dining.

He was still talking to the light-coloured hair man.
His hair was styled, and he looked perfect.it is unfair how the heavens can make someone physically perfect and wealthy.

The blonde guy left, and it was just me on my seat far away from lord jobe.
“Greetings my lord” I greeted for formality; I say his name without any title when I am thinking.

“We leave in 2 days. Any mistake you make, and I will not hesitate to take you back and it would be the end” he warned.

“I shall not cause any problems “I promised.

He nodded his head and spoke.
“I will see you on the travel day” and left. Just like that.

He was usually cold, but it was a different level.
I walked to the window and saw he was already downstairs walking to the carriages area with guards and the same blonde man. Lucas was not there which was strange.

Suddenly he stopped walking, he turned to the exact window I was standing at. I could not bend or quickly leave because he already caught me.
He turned back and continued walking.

What was that. I can not wait to leave this house.