chapter 8

After jobe left the room, I thought about what he said. I'm a noble now, if I eventually go back I'll be struggling again with the risk of being a slave. I should just accept my fate. It's not every day one gets a switch up in position. I just have to just calm down and be unnoticeable for me to be safe.

My leg hurts a lot. It was a finger scratch so I guess I'm going to be in for a while and grace. I got her in trouble.

"what kind of creature attacked her "I asked Lucas

"it was a white wolf. "he answered.

"I'm sure he got her scent, that's why it attacked her. There usually calm creatures' 'I said still thinking about that pain in the neck girl.

"the scratch wasn't serious so she will be fine" he assured me.

"arrange six guards to be in front of her door at all times and a body guard for her. I don't need any other trouble and get that fool, john for me." I said. John helped her escape. There was a reason why. He's a very tricky and stupid man.

30 mins later

"you called for me lord jobe" the ass hole said.

"you helped sophie escape. Explain in five seconds or this will be the end of not just you but your family's life. "I said moving straight to the point.

"my lord, I did not recognize it was her, I thought she was a maid that needed direction because......" he stopped talking because his time was over

"you know you shouldn't ever lie to me john, never "I shot him a deadly look.

"I wouldn't try something so stupid my lord. "he said before I excused him from my study.

I knew he was lying, obviously I heard their dialogue but that's the least of my problems. Sophie's injured. I didn't treat her because I needed her to agonise her pain caused by her stupidity.

I sauntered towards her door and saw that Lucas has done what I told him to. I entered the room and she didn't even notice. She was so abysmal in her thought.

When she saw me she was startled.

I have concluded. I will just adjust to my new life. Before I knew it I saw jobe in my room. I was so shaken. He didn't say anything and sat on my bed. He held my leg and looked at me then finally.

"don't you ever leave this mansion again. I'm not warning you but advising you because you would not like how things will turn out."

He held a bottle in his hand. He poured it on my leg. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I don't know why.

He just stood up and left. Immediately he left, I felt dizzy and slept off.