chapter 20

I was stunned by Sophie's courage. When melanin came to me to tell me she was slapped by sophie I almost laughed out loud.

She really is something.

"why are you eyeing at me like that." I asked her because she has been doing that for a while.

"you are also looking at me my lord" she answered. She always has an answer for everything. This was what she said the first time I saw her.

"I think you need a break" I said going back to the book. she suddenly looked at the book I was reading.

"what are you reading" she asked.

"none of your apprehension" I replied. But knowing her she would never give-up.

"I've read a book with that cover page before and it will be odd if it's the same book" she said.

I knew that book anywhere. It was a handbook of understanding a woman hormones, menstrual cycle and needs. What does he need that book for? Any ways it was none of my business but I would like to ragger him a little.

"isn't that understanding your body. It's the name of the book" when he heard that he stooped and looked at me. I'm sure he's embarrassed but trying to keep his cool.

"who are you reading it for" I asked laughing this time.

"you" he answered. This time I felt embarrassed and my cheeks were hot.

"that's really weird" I said

. "You are my woman and I need to understand your needs". He said looking at me with a smirk.

I was suddenly regretting asking him that question.

"I don't know why you keep saying that. There is nothing going on between us." I said realizing we were actually having a normal conversation.

"do you want to have something between us" he asked.

Oh lord this man was giving me Goosebumps.

I mean he has always been grumpy and annoying but now he was dallying with me.

"no I don't want to have anything going on between us" I said. He was smirking at me and got up. He came closer to me and my heartbeat raced so fast. He was coming closer then stopped when he was some centimetres far from me.

"sophie..." he said looking at me then his green eyes left my eyes to my lips then to my neck and to my shoulders.

"whenever you have any personal maids, don't hesitate to inform your maids" He said before leaving me in the room.

What was that. I didn't even push him.

I shrugged that of my mind. I went to my room still thinking of the words jobe said.

"but I want to have something going on between us"

Was he serious? I could stay in this house but I can never be his paramour.

I got to my room and saw Bernice and Benita packing clothed to a many large bags.

"what's happening? "I asked

"my lady, the whole mansion is saying that you slapped miss melanin" Bernice said

"oh that, my hands slipped" I replied walking towards them.

They laughed and I said again

"where am I going to"

"oh that, sir lucas told us to pack bags for a month's trip for you" Benita said.

"what! To where?" I asked

"to Morado" Benita said

"what? I've never been there" I said. So he wasn't joking when he said I needed a break

"am I the only one going?" I asked because I didn't want to go with that grumpy man.

"we don't know but you leave first thing tomorrow" Benita said.

What was this? But I remembered what he said again. Anyways these days he has been normal since and he even told those men to keep their distance that is, my guards.

I should just be open hearted to anything that comes tomorrow.

I had my bath and wore a white night gown without any garment under but with my shorts. I lied on my bed and someone knocked on my door. Who could be that at this hour. I opened the door and a hefty man entered my room.

"who are you?" I asked

But he just pushed me to the bed. I started to scream and fight but he was too strong he was on top of me and he pinned my hands to the bed.

I was so scared and the only person that can save me is jobe. Jobe, where are you?

The man unbuckled his belt but before he finished doing that jobe entered the room. When I saw him I was relived and thankful

He walked towards the man and threw him to the wall. I sound exaggerative but he literally threw him away. He punched him till his head was almost disfigured. I called his name

"lord jobe"

"lord jobe" but he didn't answer me

"jobe!" I called again then he looked at me

"please don't kill him" I said still in tears. He looked at me and looked at the man again. He kicked him and came towards me.

I didn't know why tears streamed from my eyes and I could not stop it.

My gown was torn and by this time guards were in the room. He took his jacket off and covered me with it. He carried me in a bridal style and left the room.