chapter 44

Sophie pov.

I was outside the carriage waiting for lord jobe. I truly did not see him throughout the 2 days.

The days were slow, but the day finally came. I looked at the house one more time before entering the carriage.

We were waiting for lord jobe before we could leave.

What surprised me was that we were carrying three carriages and two wagons. So many stuffs. We could have gone by ship since jobe was rich, but he wanted to use land instead.

Where was he?

I finally saw him coming through the window in the carriage.

He entered the carriage and sat opposite me.

"Greetings lord jobe" I said.

He nodded and opened the book he held with his hand.

It was not written in English so I could not understand the tittle.

&&&&&

It has been ages, and he has not even spared me a glance. Just glued to his book.

I looked at his face trying to tell what he is thinking by his facial expressions, but he did not have anything on that beautiful face.

"Stop staring" he said still with his eyes on his book.

"I was not looking at you, I was trying to tell of the title of the book you were reading." I justified myself

"Do you read" he asked still with his eyes on the book. This is the first time jobe is asking what I like doing.

"Yes, I read a lot back when I was in cola" I answered.

"Why didnt you request for books when were home, you must be bored stiff. " He said still not looking at me.

"I did not think of that" I said

He scoffed and closed his book looking directly at me.

That got me tensed suddenly.

"Do not try anything dumb Sophie. When we get to your town, we are staying at a cottage of mine." He spoke.

"No, I want to stay at my house." I spoke. if I settle with jobe it would be like how it was in corralatus.

"I will not control you; it would be like you were at your own house" he assured me as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

I did not say anything anymore. I realized I do not have any money to even cater for myself alone and if jobe were to stay at my house, oh it would be hectic.

"Feel free to take a nap, when we get there, I will wake you up." He said nicely which is odd just because I yawned.

"No thank you, I do not feel sleepy" I denied.

He opened his book without minding what I just said.

#################################

I opened my eyes saw jobe face. Where am I?

I thought.

Oh no I fell

"You fell asleep, immediately you told me you did not feel sleepy" he interrupted my thoughts.

Of course, rub it on my face.

"We are in cola." He spoke.

"Cola??"how long was I asleep.

"We will be in my cottage in some minutes."He said.

"Did you always have a cottage here?" I asked because the thought of jobe being here before I met him made me feel weird. Maybe I already met him before but dont remember his face.

"I have buildings in cola, but I bought the cottage for our trip" he replied.

I was stunned.

"Could we not have stayed in a pre owned house of yours?" I asked.

"No" he answered bluntly.

The carriage stopped. I looked outside the window, and I saw a beautiful carriage. It was not too dark, but it was already getting close to evening.

The cottage was so amazing.

The wagons and other carriages already reached and offloaded stuff

The wagons and other carriages already reached and offloaded stuff. Our carriage was slower.

He and I stepped out the carriage.

"It is beautiful" I said.

"Yes, it is" he said.

When I heard him, I looked at him, but he was already staring into my soul.

My heart started beating so fast.

I think I like lord jobe.

I like jobe?