chapter 30

Sophie pov

Something has been wrong since I saw lord jobe. what if he knows what's happening? He always knows and I'm really scared now. I Can't go that lunch because I'm leaving tonight, the only thing I need is money which melanin is giving me tonight. As much as I don't like her I feel if she does thus with me, jobe will kill her so I'm just going to take the money and leave tonight without any body knowing.

I left my room to melanin chambers. I knocked on the door but her servant opened the door. I got in and saw her getting ready for bed.

When she saw me her eyes widened,

"what are you doing here Sophie" she asked

" um ...." I was about to state my reason before she caught me off.

"If lord jobe sees us together he might put things together, he's smart. very smart Sophie so please can we not meet in my room or yours?"

"ok I understand but I need the golden coins now in the designated carriage. We need to start preparing before lord jobe finds out because I'm really scared." I said. Honestly I'm scared for he. Something tells me if lord jobe eventually catches us he won't kill me but might do something bad to melanin. He's a freak.

"ok, that's ok. By 12am at midnight the carriage will be ready and you'll go tomorrow at midnight." She said.

I nodded my head and left her room. Well I'm leaving today.

I got to my room and packed some jewelries and simple dresses. I just need to wait till 12 then I'll be out of this nightmare.

I sat on my bed to have a quick short nap. All of a sudden, I remembered what jobe told me the day that lady visited.

He said I'm the only human in him, that's how he put it. I know he'll be pissed and hell look for me but he won't find me I can assure myself.

I woke up and the hour glass I set was about to go empty. I woke up exactly at the right time. I used the bedsheets in my cabinet to make a long rope I can use to come down from my room.

I got down and ran towards the carriage. It was at the stable. Luckily it was only horse workers that were there not security guards. I looked for the carriage that was described by melanin.

I walked into the stable to ask a worker but they didn't know. I walked deeper to the stable because it was really big. Then I saw a white horse at the end of the stable. Its room was bigger and cleaner. Something was different about this horse. It reminds me of my horse I used to have, I named her happy. I wanted to go inside but a worker stopped me.

"my lady, happy doesn't like visitors only our lord jobe," a blonde guy said.

But those words weren't processed

Did he just call this horse happy?