chapter 28

Sophie pov

I was sitting in the same carriage with jobe again. Trying not to make eye contact,I looked at the window . I was tired and needed to rest.

After a while,the carriage stopped. We took only one carriage surprisingly and no doorman. We were at the middle of nowhere,just flowers and tall trees surrounded the road.

I broke the silence that has been between us since the ride began.
"Why are we stopping here,?"
He faced my directions and said
"You know Sophie, you're becoming more talkative this days and it's rather annoying, can you just ,.not talk till I asked you to"
I was surprised, jobe has been nicer to me nowadays and now he's being rude again.
He left the carriage.i followed him and the carriage left us
Why were they leaving us here.
Jobe walked and I had to follow him.
I didn't talk anymore . It's not that I can as scared of him but instead I was scared of myself.

We continued to walk till i sited a cottage.
Jobe and I got closer and it became more beautiful.
He opens the door and the interior was so warm and cosy. My typical dream house.
He sat down on a rocking wooden chair by the fireplace and I looked at the room in house in admiration.

"It's a beautiful place"I realized I said that at loud and caught jobe's attention.
"It's my grandma's, I don't know why she isn't around" he told me make eye contact with Mr and looking at the fireplace.

So he's a grandma's boy, that I didn't see coming. Why did he bring me here.
He got up and meet puts through a back door. I felt like I should follow him. I was deciding when I heard my name.
I followed him to a stable. In the stable there was a horse. A brown horse. It was so beautiful and familiar .
It looked a little old but I still looked strong.
He went towards the horse and straddle it. I walked closer and I touched the horse. Why does it feel I have a connection with this horse, although it sounds weird.
I looked at jobe and he was already staring at me. Whenever I'm faced with those green eyes .my heart starts racing.
He smiled and said
" Do you like her, her name is Rena"
"Re..na" I pronuced her name slowly.
Immediately I saw a woman walk in the stable. She was dressed in an average citizen dress and looked really young to be a grandma so I jxt thought she was a worker.
" Jobe.." she called out. He turned around to see her.
He walked towards her and hugged her, hugged her!
"Grandma, how are you doing."
He hugged him tighter. I've never seen jobe display such emotions before. After the reunion, she looked at me and said
"Jobe, who's she"
Jobe looked at me.
In my mind, I wondered what he would say,what was I to him.
I don't even know "grandma she's a lady friend"
I looked at him with widened eyes. I got closer to his grandmother and gave a little bow.
"Good day...."
"Elizabeth"she smiled and a touched my hands. We were still at the stable so we walked out of it. I looked at Rena one more time before going out

We got inside the cottage. There wasn't anyone with her.
They talked for a while in outside and I remained inside.

After a while, she came to meet me inside
She sat opposite me and I gave her a smile.
" My dear, take care of my son" she said looking at me
"Oh, madam we're not...." I tried to make her understand that me and jobe can't and won't ever be like that
"No, you  don't understand" she interrupted me
"Ma'am" I said
"Jobe has never brought any one here before, not even a servant, you are the first and I know you're special to him."
I was dumbfounded this time. It was too much.
" I.."I was about to talk before jobe walked in.
" I've arranged for the cleaning services grandma" he told her walking towards us.
" Thank you jobe" she said giving him a smile.
She looked really young to be someone's grandma.
"We should held out now" jobe said.

**********************************

I was in the carriage and I couldn't stop thinking of what jobe grandma said.
I looked at my self, this is not how I've wanted to live.
Been dressed like a doll and ordered around by a man.
Walking in a fancy carriage?
Being the ideal wife
No
I thought I could take it and enjoy it but I can't.
All my reading and hardwork.
I'm leaving this house and its final