chapter 13

I sat down on the cold marble floor bawling my eyes out. So grace tried to kill me? What even hurts the most is that he mocked my personality because of that and here I was thinking of saving grace.

If I was at home, I would have not been in this kind of emotional wailing. I got up from the floor and walked in front of the mirror beside the cabinets and wardrobes. I've really changed this few days. I hardly cry before now I cry like my life depends on it. I had expensive clothes on and I was elegant and fancy but being myself is the only thing I can do for myself as a person.

Now that jobe of a person, I don't know who made him like this. He's just so insensitive. I just need to find his weakness and he will be a ball in my court. I'm done being the innocent, kidnapped victim. It's time to level up.

I woke up feeling so energetic. It's time to gather information on who lord jobe really is.

I had a stroll of the full house that morning. Of course my guards were with me but I've never walked that long. And it was just the inside!! Lord jobe is really rich.

I was on my way to my room when I passed the dining halls. A lot of people were there but not lord jobe.

Do every body eat here except me? I just bowed my head a little bit and wanted to walk away till I heard someone say

"oh don't leave so soon. You just got here. Dine with us"

I looked back to see a redded hair woman smiling at me. I looked at every one face and they didn't even make eye contact with me but I'm done being the nice one now.

"I'm sorry but I will have to reject that offer. I prefer eating in my personal space "I said before leaving that place with my guards.

"isn't she the whore that lord jobe was giving by David at the ball, she certainly has grown wings"

I heard one of them whisper while going.

But the funniest fact is they can't say it in front of me. I got to the floor of my room and saw jobe standing with one of the guard that protects my room if I'm gone. I walked closer and bowed my head.

"greetings lord jobe" I said trying to be courteous but he just scoffed and looked at me intensely. is he trying to intimidate me?

"where did you go to "he asked

"oh that, I just had a stroll around your house which was very exhausting. oh and I got asked to join breakfast at the dining halls but I like eating in my personal space till somebody called me a whore who grown wings.

I said and laughed after that. It was annoying and I don't even know why I'm am even telling him.

"the least you could have done for me was to clear my name that I'm not a whore who wants you desperately but a kidnapped innocent victim forced to stay here heavily 'guarded. You could have at least told them that "I said almost with tears in my eyes.

"from today onwards you will not eat in your personal space. You will dine with me in the halls."

"that's not necessary, I just overreacted"

I said.

"I'm only fulfilling your wishes sophie, follow me now.

When I approached them, the stares were deadly. I walked by jobe side and wasn't scared. I just started having this assurance that jobe will never hurt me. I don't know why but it's not love. someone like him doesn't love.

There was a sit at the length of the table. It was a different chair so I'm guessing that will be jobs chair. I looked for a chair to sit till I heard jobe say

"melanin gets up for sophie to sit. "I turned to look at jobe including every one. I finally found the melanin. She was the red hair girl that invited me to the table and also insulted me. She was really beautiful and her dress was too.

She looked at jobe and me and I did the same.

She finally stood up but I couldn't move my legs. Her chair was the one opposite jobe. I wonder who she was. I didn't move till I heard jobe say

"sophie you can sit now "I moved my legs and walked to the chair and sat.

"good, now let's eat" jobe said as the maids started to serve food.

I was the second to be given food and it was nothing like what grace gave me. It looked so good and I bet it will taste good too

I could see the hate stares almost everyone gave me. everywhere was quiet till jobe broke it.

"I ordered new clothes for you. I bought it yesterday but you were not in your right state of mind but they'll be in your room. "he said.

When he aids those words he wasn't even looking at me just trying to cut his meat.

Is he trying to get me killed?

"thank you lord jobe" I sais because it will be too weird if I don't answer him.

After that, someone still spoke.

"greetings lord jobe. Thank you for gracing us with your face. David your humble and loyal servant is still begging for forgiveness...." a fat tall man said before jobe cut him off.

"hmmm my loyal humble servant that steals from me?" he said before getting up from his chair. he walked towards the man and said

"put your hands on the table"

The man looked at him in fear.

He did put it and jobe said

"lucas, turn Sophie's chair away."

Lucas stood up from his chair and turned my chair in the opposite direction. I heard him hit something and the man screamed. I looked back to see jobe cutting his finger like meat with a short knife.

"tell my loyal and humble servant that if I ever lay my eyes on him, he will not die but he won't lose just his fingers, I've already lost my appetite because of you fool. Sophie get up let's go and let me remind you that if I hear any bad comment on this woman you will die. He said before leaving with me

##############################################################################

i hope youre loving this book. pls vote and comment . thanks and ,lots of love