chapter 27

Sophie pov

I walked into the dinning hall in the most elegant and sassy way I could walk.
When I got there , most of their faces looked annoyed but they didn't have the heart to say anything.
I sat down at one of the sits and smiled at them , nodding my head a little bit. I looked for melanin but she was not sitted .

Lord jobe wasn't still here . Could they be together,
Why does it even bother me, I don't care about anybody in this house except Bernice and Benita.

After sometime melanin walked in with lord jobe. Lord jobe was really nicely attired because he usually just wore pants and sleeves when he was inside. Was he going somewhere, and why was he with melanin.

Everybody stood up when they saw him . I stood up not to be excluded.

Melanin had a smirk on her face maybe because she was with jobe .
They sat down and I also did.
I just wanted to glance at jobe but when I looked at him, he was already staring at me. My heart stopped for a moment.
I looked another way immediately to Avoid eye contact.
I was sitting really far from him but melanin wasn't close either.

Everyone started eating in silence.
I prefer eating with Bernice and Benita. It was more fun.

I started with some turkey before Melanin said

" Oh no Sophie, you can't start with turkey, that explain why you look really fat." She said trying to burst the self control I have.
I wasn't fat, at all
"Melanin I'm sure you should focus on yourself and be clear of my matters.
It's rather annoying"
I said as I took a big bit on my turkey
She was of course flagbagasted . I looked at jobe and saw him give a little smile. He was of course trying to hide it and I felt really proud . Everyone looked amused and surprised.
Throughout breakfast, she was quiet.

************************

I got back to my room. I needed a nap. I didn't sleep well because of jobe
I removed the fancy dress I was wearing  and just wore a white light petticoat.
I was about to get to bed when jobe just barged in my room. I got up quickly, surprised.
He sat down at the cushion chair close to my closet.
"Lord jobe what are you doing here.." I was saying trying to find the right words to express my anger then he added.
"Why did you change , We're going going out so hurry up and wear what you will feel comfortable in"
After saying that not waiting for my objections he left .
Great when the just wanted to nap