chapter 23

"this isn't right. How can he just keep me here" I said out of anger and frustration? I've been here since morning and its some hours past noon. Only Bernice was with me because Benita had left the mansion to buy things with the head maid.

"my lady, please calm down" Bernice said trying to cool me down.

"but is it normal? How can someone just kidnap somebody, feed, cloth, even assign people to help me and a position in his household without any underhanded aim" I said angrily but that's when it registered. Jobe is keeping me here for a reason, bur what could it be.

"my lady, it is rumored that the lord is smitten with you and that's why he refuses to let you go." Bernice said but I laughed out loud.

"smitten with me? Now I think of it, it might be true." I replied Bernice and she gave I told you so smile.

When I came here for the first time he didn't care when I was slapped but he looked for me when I ran away and treated me. Then he told me that I will die if I disrespect him, that's not a proper way to attract a woman. Then he told his court and workers to respect me, and he gave me maids even guards and told the king to make anyone who plans to harm or harms me gets punished and now he locked me in my room since morning. Maybe lord jobe actually likes me. That's why he doesn't want to leave me alone.is it a bad or good thing?

I am ready for bed but I don't feel sleepy. Maybe it's because I've been doing that since morning. I walked to the window and saw the jerk. He was with a woman. The woman had blonde hair with very fair skin. I couldn't see her properly but she dressed really fancy and rich. Was it because of her visit that jobe told Me to stay inside my room?

After he went inside, I opened my door. I feel that I should come outside since his guests are gone. I walked to the ground floor and went outside. I've never been an indoor girl and this dude of a person won't keep me here forever.

I decided to take a walk and I ended up seeing a stream. It was beautiful because of the moon and starlight on it and the flowers at the edge added to this beauty. I sat at a rock beside the river and absorbed the rivers beautiful energy. I will come here every night I concluded. I was enjoying myself when I heard some footsteps. I immediately ran behind a berry bush. I looked to see who it was and it was jobe. He also sat on the rock that I was sitting on and his facial expression turned dark. 

"Who's here?" He said. oh I'm dead