chapter 42

Sophie pov
I have expected worse from jobe, so when he made me a little too comfortable, it made me more uncomfortable.
He is at fault for my illness, its like my body has adjusted and forgotten to be rigid. I have been here for almost two seasons.
The room I was given was much smaller with a small wooden bed and a table with clothes on it.
I do not know why he is so possessed with me and now he wants to marry me.
Suddenly I heard a knock on my door.
It opened and housekeepers and mansion guards came in.
Did jobe give up.
“Lady Sophie. You are ordered to go to your chambers.” One of the housekeepers said. He did give up.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
I was in my original bed. The physician has already checked on me and gave me weird substances to drink.
I still felt a headache.
I am sure jobe will be too embarrassed to see me.
I heard my doorknob tilting and quickly closed my eyes.
My mind told me it was jobe that walked in, he never knocks.
I heard his footsteps around my room. my heart started racing.
I stopped hearing him moved so he was probably standing.
I should have just opened my eyes when he came in.
“Open your eyes” I heard him say.
Did he know I was not sleeping?
I opened my eyes and saw him sitting on the dressing chair.
“I was meditating, that was why my eyes were closed” I quickly justified my reason.
“I did not ask, why you did that, I know you have always been a strange woman” he said calmly.
Calmly!
Why is he so calm.
“My apologies” I said.
I may not know lord jobe too well, but he will not just let me off the hook because I was a little sick.
He walked towards me now, and closer, till he was by my side, he looked at me with no emotion in place in his eyes.
He sat on the bed, and I flinched a bit.
He was so close to me, and my heart was not functioning right.
He touched my hair with and moved his hands to my face.
“Sophie, I am going to listen to you, you will go home” he said.
I could not believe what I just heard.
I looked at him looking confused. I wanted to ask him why, but I was trying to understand why.
“I am going with you and when we get there, you will decide if you want to come with me or stay behind” he said with his hand on my face.
I needed to say something, but I could not.
“Fixing something is not as easy as destroying it, but I will try my best.”
“Why do you want to fix it now” I brought myself to finally speak.
“Parce que tu es mon oeuvre d’ art” he said.
That sounded like French language. I do not understand French. royal and private schools only taught it. He was being cunny……
He cut my thoughts off by touching my lips with his hands.
He moved closer and our lips were so close to each other. I could feel his breath on my face.
Suddenly he moved away from me.
“Rest well” he said before leaving the room.
I felt so embarrassed with myself for reacting that way.
I screamed into my pillow.
I wish the ground could open to swallow me up.