chapter 25

JOBE

{earlier that day}

"is she still in her room? "

"yes my lord" he answered walking in the hall ways with me.

"ensure she stays in here till rose comes and goes. She surprisingly late".

"yes my lord"

A servant ran to lucas and told him something in he's ear.

"my lord, her carriage is at the entrance of the mansion. It will take her approximately,

17 minutes to get to the main mansion." he said whispering in my ear.

It's time to get this shit done once and for all

I walked downstairs and saw rose looking around. This is the first time she has been here and this house is magnificent.

She looked at me and gave a smirk

"lord jobe, it's been a while"

"hmmm",

"well show me around your mansion. It's gorgeous, moreover you were never a big house person"

"well people change rose" I said annoyed at her.

She looked at me with this hurtful eyes then said

"let's get to business. My father is concerned about what is going on jobe...I mean lord jobe"

"let's take this conservation to my study"

"who's this girl, any mistake made and you cannot over throne the king lord jobe"

She said sitting opposite to me.

"which girl?" I asked trying to play dumb

"there are rumours everywhere. You even killed a man for her and made her superior in your court.

"did you put spies in my house? I asked because that was the only way she could hold such information.

"that's not the answer to my questions" she said

"and who do you think you are to ask me questions, if you annoy me now you'll leave my house this instant".

I was looking at her very angrily.

"I want to see her" she said

"I think it's time you left my house"

I stood up from my desk, went towards the door, opened wide looking at her

"lord jobe, you're sending me out. Remember what they did to us..., your father, your mother and your sister and you're letting a girl get in the middle of your revenge?"

"get out!!!" I screamed at her

She stood up and she was a little teary

"you've gone soft. You were never soft with me so what's so special about her" she asked me face to face, eye to eye

"this is the last time I'm telling you to leave" I said before walking away from the door.

It was already evening so I went to my popular spot. I sat on the rock and it was warm. Someone was here and it's still warm. I looked around and no one was in sight. The persons hiding. This looks like déjà vu. It's obviously sophie but I will play along.

"who's there"

SOPHIE

"what do you mean I'm not going to remember" I asked really serious

"sophie, can you just stop" he asked still calm

"no, I'm not going to stop" I said teary

"it all makes sense, that day we visited the king, I couldn't remember anything after we left. What are you jobe!!!" I asked really mad. I don't care if I lose my head, I'm not living, I'm in bondage, being changed like a doll every day to just stay inside.

He looked at me and stood up. walking towards me. I tried not to flinch.

He was so close that I could hear its breath and smell him. He has a woody smell. Like the sensual and creamy sandalwood, with a hint of mint.

I looked up and saw his gaze on my face

"I'm trying to protect you sophie" he said softly looking deep into my eyes. I was touched.

"from what?"I asked because I was confused.

"let's just say, you're the last human left in me"he said.