chapter 41

I was outside with lord jobe. He took me outside when he saw I could not speak, I froze when he proposed, not out of happiness but trauma and fear.

I cannot marry you lord jobe I broke the silence.

Why? he said making direct eye contact with me.

That question just made me infuriated more, what does he mean why, there are many reasons that I and him are aware of.

I dont want to get married, I will not make a good wife, I did not go to a proper school, I have no family, I have no manners, no social status I persuaded.

I dont care he said staring still staring at my soul.

What did I expect, he was ging to force me again. I do not know why the world is so unfair.

But I. Iplease, please do not do this I pleaded.

Is marrying me that despicable to you? he asked still staring at me. He just sounded different, like a different person.

yes I blurted out.

He smirked, breaking eye contact now and looked up at the sky and looked at me again and nodded his head.

I have never starved you, punished you, or told you to sleep outside, do housework. You have been living a life even most noble women cannot afford he said.

I never asked you to do those things, the only thing I asked you to do was let me go.

Humans tend to value what they have until they lose it. you shall be moved from you chambers to the stable quarters. You shall also have only a single serving of food. no more housekeepers to assist you he said.

Whatever you do will never change my mind I angrily said.

When you change your mind, meet me at my study but until then, you are not allowed to enter the main mansion. He said and left.

I will never let him win.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jobe pov

2 weeks later.

My lord, it was just reported that lady Sophie is sick Lucas said.

And what should I do about that, shouldnt you repot to a physician I said upset.

I thought you needed to know, Im sorry my lord he apologized.

Why should she be sick, she told me she has encountered more challenges life has to offered than me and shes sick because of a change of environment I wondered.

It turns out she isnt as strong as she claimed Lucas laughed.

whats funny I asked.

Nothing my lord he answered.

I have never seen such a stubborn woman in my life I angrily said.

The same goes for me my lord he said.

I shall retire to my chambers I said and left my study.

She felt bad physically and I could feel it. if she acted like how normal women acts like, my life would have been much easier.

She was never going to give in.

I rang the servants bell.

Two butlers came into my room.

Lady Sophie should be relocated back to her chambers.

They bowed and left.

You won this time Sophie.