Chapter 1

In Chennai City, a girl is getting ready for her first day of college enthusiastically. She is Shambhavi, daughter of Muralidhar , who is working as an assistant head master in an government school and Yashodha home maker. She woke up at early morning and after finishing her morning chores she left to the terrace of her house, and watered the plants and plucks some flowers for morning Pooja while humming a song and kept it in a basket. She came back to her grandma and gave the basket to her and went inside her room to get ready.

Her mom is preparing her favourite foods because it's her big day and her grandmother is helping by cutting vegetables in kitchen and her dad is doing his regular morning Sandhyavandhanam. ( A ritual they do on daily basis). Her younger brother is taking bath to get ready for school because it's his first day after summer holidays.

Shambhavi's house is an compounded individual house with spacious front area with car parking and a hall with three bedrooms and a kitchen with dining area and seperate Pooja room and store room. Beside the room which shambhavi and her brother Pranav shares, there is stairs which leads to the terrace which is having few flower pots which shambhavi planted and taking care.

Shambhavi, is an innocent and naive girl who belongs to an orthodox Brahmin family. She is having only one friend throughout her school days, because she is not much talkactive unlike her friend Nivedita. She is a loud chirpy girl who has no control over her mouth. As opposite attracts each other, these two girls became friends from first standard to twelfth. And nagging by Nivedita, they joined in a well reputed arts college for their b.com degree.

Shambhavi got ready in an olive green and sky blue chudidhar which complete her fair skin and covers her with dupatta secured with safety pin on either sides of her shoulders. She likes to dress likes this, because she is a keen follower of her tradition. She is like her father and her mother is ok with anything she wears that she is feeling comfortable with. She applied kajal to her big doe eyes and she plaited her classic length hair neatly and adorning it with Jasmine flower.

(Her chudi, and imagine that she wears dupatta on either side of her shoulders)

She is having a glossy skin and lengthy hair because of her grandmother, her father's mom who is staying with them from childhood. She use to prepare bath powder and hair wash powder for Shambhavi at home itself, from her childhood till now she is using her grandma's home made powders for her personal bathing.

Ammulu, va ma time achu chapudalam, her mom called her.

( Ammulu an endearment, come dear, it's getting late, we have to eat breakfast)

Idho vanduten maa, shambhavi came after taking her bag and mobile.

( Yeah mom, I'm coming)

Yenna vango samayal aiaduthu, chaptutu kozhaindaigala vidanume.. her mom called her dad.

( Yenna.. it's how wide usually calls her husband in this particular people..  come, the breakfast is ready, you have to drop the kids after that)

Ammulu, first poi Swami ah namaskaram panitu va her grandma said.

( Ammulu, go and do the prayer first)

Haan sari paati she said and dropped her bag in hall couch and went to the Pooja room. Her dad is waiting for her with aarti plate.

( Yeah ok grandma..)

Yashoda ma, amma vango aarti ku time aiduthu. They both came and Pranav also came there in time. Muralidhar took aarti while Shambhavi sings a devotional song along with her grandma. They took aarti and Shambhavi took blessing from them. Everyone went to dining and ate breakfast.

( Yashoda, mom come lets do the aarti)

Hey all the best di gundus, college ah jolly ah enjoy panu, un bff vera vara unnoda.

( Hey all the best plumps.. enjoy your college with your bff)

Aama da, nekkum happy dan. Aana nervous ah vum iruku. Pakalam epadi irukunnu, na evening vandhu nokkuu cholren ena achu nu.

( Yeah, I'm very happy.. but I feel very nervous.. lets see how it goes.. I'll tell you everything in the evening about today)

Nervous eduku de gundus? Adellam jolly ah irukum, ne pona dhana theriyum.

( Don't be nervous, you will enjoy for sure.. you will know only after going there)

Aama da. She sulked

( Yeah... )

Ammulu nanna padi adhe samayathula college la nalla active ah irukanum, ivlo naal school la irundha madiri studies matum podhum nu irukapdadhu, enjoy pannu, nanna padi apram events la lam participate pananum ne shariya. Her mom said..

( Ammulu, study well, but at the same time be active and enjoy your college days.. don't be a book worm you used to be till school.. enjoy and do everything you can.. okay?)

Sari ma, na ennala mudinja alavu try panren, mudiyalana vitudungo. She said with a pout.

( Ok mom.. I'll try my best.. but don't force me if I don't want to do anything other than studies)

Yashoda, satha chumma iru, idho paru de kozhandha, nokkuu comfortable ah irukradha matum ne panu podhum shariya. Her dad said and she nodded her head. He smiled at her.

( Yashoda.. just don't compel her.. see kid, do the things you feel comfortable with.. and that's enough okay?)

Sari, two minutes wait panungo rendu perum na poi dress change panitu varen unna college la vitutu apram naanum pranu vum school ku porom. He said and went. After he came, Shambhavi called Nivedita and said that she started from home and told her to wait outside the college so she will join her.

( Okay.. just wait for two minutes.. I'll change and come.. I'll drop Pranav after you)

Amma, paati na poitu varen, bye. She bid her bye to them and started to college which is going to give a beautiful life with Arjun Venkatraman.

( Mom.. granny.. Bye.. )

Hi all... Thank you for choosing my story to read. Please comment on my work and encourage me.. 💝