Chapter 10

Next morning, Shambhavi started from her home. The auto driver is looking at Shambhavi inappropriately from rear view mirror. He is doing that from first day. But she only noticed now. She felt really uncomfortable under his stare. She just don't want to misunderstand him. So she just let this go for now.

Arjun is standing in his regular place to see her before their classes.

Hi bujji ma.. he said with a small smile. He surely know that she will try to avoid him somewhat.

Hi senior. She said in a dull tone.

Ena achu ma en dull ah iruka?

( What happened dear, you look so dull?)

Onum ila senior, na class ku poren, time aiduthu. She said and went without waiting for his reply. This hurted him badly. He just went to his car and puffed few cigarettes. He didn't attend his morning classes.

( Nothing senior.. I'm going to class, I'm getting late)

Shambhavi is sitting without any interest in the class. She is not even listening whatever the professor is teaching them.. She is disturbed by that auto man, and also about Arjun and his family. She don't know that she can continue this relationship or not.

En de ipadi iruka? Odambu mudiyalaya?

( Why you are looking like this? Are you not feeling well?)

Aama de, thala valikkardhu Shambhavi said to Nivi.

( Yeah, I'm having a headache..)

En de, sudden ah ena vali?

( Why suddenly headache?)

Ila Tamil, morning ezhundhadhu la irundhe iruku.

( No Tamil, I'm having headache from morning itself..)

Veetuku poriya? Na venum na poi permission vangitu varen.

( Go home, I'll ask permission..okay?)

Hmm ok de. Shambhavi said and they got permission from her HOD and Nivi dropped her outside the college.

( Okay dear..)

Hey auto Anna ku call panu de.

( Hey, call that auto man..)

Vendam de, na inga irukura auto la poikiren. Avar ipa vara matar.

( No need.. I'll go in an available auto from here, he will not come now..)

Sari de pathu po. Na venum na varatuma?

( Okay.. go carefully.. shall I come with you?)

Vendam de. Ne class ku po. Na poitu nokku message panren. She went to her home.

( No.. you go to class.. I'll text you once after reaching home. )

Ena de sikiram vanduta, ena achu ammulu? Her grandmother asked.

( Why ammulu you came early? What happened?)

( Ammulu is the nickname for Shambhavi..)

Ore thala vali paati, adhu dhan aathuku kelambiten permission vangi. Na poi thunganum. She said and went to her room and laid down and slept eventually.

( I'm having headache granny.. so I took permission and came here.. I'll go and sleep..)

At lunch break Arjun and Raghu are waiting for the girls..

Arjun en da morning la irundhuoru madiriya iruka. Class ku kuda varala. Car la eh ukandhu irundha.

( Why are you looking like a sick person from morning and you didn't even attend the classes and sitting inside the car?)