Chapter 8

Arjun is lying in his bed, scrolling his mobile. After getting bored, he kept aside and closed his eyes with both hands behind his head. A beep sound from his mobile woke him up.

Namaku yaru message panranga, adhuvum indha time la. He thought and opened the WhatsApp message. It is a new number.

( Who is texting me at this time?)

Yaru adhu new number? He open the DP to see who is that anonymous person and his heart skipped a beat by seeing his bujji ma photo as profile picture. She kept a photo of her with Nivi. He immediately saved her number and texted her back.

( New number?)

Hi bujji ma...

Disturb paniten ah? Thungiacha?

( Did I disturbed you? Are you sleeping?)

Illa ma, chumma mobile dhan pathutu irundhen. Solu ma, saptiya?

( Nothing dear, tell me,  I was just scrolling the phone, had your dinner?)

Hmm naan chapten , neenga?

( Yeah, did you?)

Saptachu ma. Afternoon en solama poitinga, na class ku vandhu pathen.

( I too had.. you left from college without informing me, I came looking for you to your class)

Achacho sorry sorry pa, aathuku poganum pola irundhadhu, dress vera romba uncomfortable ah irundhadhu, adhu dhan mam kita permission vangi kelambitom. Nekku unga niyabagame illa cholanum nu.. sorry please.. she texted back.

( Sorry, I just felt like coming home.. the dress was also very uncomfortable, so we asked permission to mam and came home, I didn't remember to inform you)

Aiyo sorry lam onum venam. Na kaanome nu dhan keten. Veetuku safe ah poita sari, avlodhan enaku venum.

( No need to be sorry, I asked because I didn't get to know.. I just wanted you to be safe.. that's all..)

Hmmm nekku unga kita onnu kekanum..

( Hmmm... I wanted to ask you one thing)

Kelu ma..

( Yeah.. )

Adhu vandhu nekku andha photo venum. Anupa mudiyuma?

( I wanted those photos.. can you please send?)

Yendha photo ma?

( Which photos dear?)

Adhu dhan, afternoon yeduthele, selfie photos..

( That, the photos you took.. selfies )

Ohh naanum neeyum serndhu edutha photos ah?

( Oh, the photos which we took together?)

Hmmm ama. She blushed

( Hmmm... Yeah)

He sent that to her immediately.

Anupiten ma pathuko.

( I have sent it)

Thankyou senior.

Hmm ok madam. Paravala, unga thanks ah neengale vechukonga.

( Ok ma'am.. I don't need your thanks)

She giggled and said sari inime cholala..

( Ok.. I'll not tell you hereafter)

Hmmm... Ena panra?

( Hmm.. what's up?)