NERVOUSNESS

At Dining table

The whole Kumar family was sitting at the dining table having their dinner where  Rachit and Chitra were bickering like always and Gargi was having some silent talk with Rajiv and Simran who although was silent but could see her mummy papa's gestured talks.

At one point, she wanted to ask them what they were talking about but then she thought to let it go. If it was something important for her to know they would have told themselves. She has seen it from childhood that these people never kept any secret. They always discussed all family matters in front of their children so that they also know about the hardships of life and problems one faces in order to run a family.

Simran 's POV

The dinner went just like that. After cleaning the table and kitchen everyone sat in the living room. As Rachit ran to pick up the remote of the TV before Chitra, she shouted, "Give me the remote and I'll watch my favourite TV show and you go study for your Board exams."

"No, I studied enough in the day now I will sit and watch my favourite cartoon. So you go." Rachit barked back.

"No, you go. I will watch TV." Chitra shouted again.

"No, you go." said Rachit. With this another bickering started and when Chitra didn't find anything to say in the fight, she shouted "Papa, see he always does this and never let me watch what I want to."

Then mummy shouted at both of them, "Both of you sit down quietly and if you can't then leave and study in your rooms." Mummy's shouting and Papa's glare was enough for them to leave silently.

Here I was in a dilemma whether I should leave or sit. After contemplating for a few seconds, I decided to leave and stood up from my place. I was about to take a step towards my room upstairs but stopped listening to Mummy's voice.

"Simu, beta come here we want to talk to you about something important." Mummy verbalised and I don't know why I got nervous all of a sudden. With hesitant steps I walked back to my previous seat where I was sitting a minute before.

As I sat, Mummy came and sat beside me while Papa was sitting in front of me. I got more apprehensive while mummy calmly verbalised, "Simu, beta you know na you are the most educated child of our family. We gave you education and made you an independent person. Now your life is good so we want you to get settled in life."

"But mummy I have a good family and a nice job. I'm already settled." I replied. And mummy gave a look to Papa and blinked her eyes assuring him about I don't know what.

"Yes, beta you have a stable job but we are talking about your own family. No doubt we are one family and you will be an inseparable part of this. But one's real family is where he or she lives with a life partner and kids."

Ohh so "the time" has come. Till now they used to talk about my marriage but never came directly asking me something. But now the question is whether I'm ready or not for this big step in life. I was wondering about this sudden shocker when Mummy spoke again, "See beta as you already know that in our family we don't ask children before their marriage. You know na me and your Papa got married without even seeing each other's faces. But we don't want to do the same with our children and especially with you because we know that you are more mature and sensible than your siblings. So we want to take your opinion about whether you are okay if we arrange an alliance for your marriage."

"Mummy, I trust you people. Whatever you people will do would be for my good only. So you both can decide and I have no objection with whatever you decide." I said left towards my room.

Abhay's House

The house which was gloomy and deserted in the morning was now filled and cheerful. Abhay's family was sitting on the dinner table having their meal with loads of chats and laughter. And he thought that now this house is looking like HOME.

He smiled at his thoughts and continued eating and suddenly he remembered her talking about some surprise, " Hey Sweetheart, You....ouch." He was asking but yelped in pain when Ekansh, his cousin hit him on his stomach with elbow.

"Bhai, what are you doing?" He screeched at him.

"Stop calling my wife "sweetheart" or else I will rip you off." He air-quoted the word sweetheart.

"Ansh, don't trouble my baby." Sonali glared at her husband and pated Abhay's hair lovingly.

"Sona, you will not call him baby, alright." Ekansh glared back at her.

Ahana, Ekansh's mother impeded between the couple before that they could start another fight.

For a few seconds silence prevailed in the dining room then again Abhay remembered that he was saying something. So he again started, Swee.....ahem I mean Bhabhi you were talking about some surprise in the morning." He was about to say sweetheart but stopped sensing Ekansh's hard glare.

"Oh Yes, It totally slipped from my mind." She slapped her forehead lightly and gave a look at her mother-in-law saying, "Mumma and I have found a girl for you...."

"Ohho Bhabhi you involved Mami too in all this. I already told you that I don't want any temporary person or relationship in my life. So please you guys leave this job of finding me a suitable girlfriend." He stated without letting her complete.

"But Abhay..." Ahana started again but he interrupted saying, "No Mami, please you know na I'm not boyfriend material."

"Abhay beta first listen to your Mami then say whatever you want." Aryaman Singh, Abhay's Mamu said. Abhay looked at his Mami asking her to continue.

"Beta, I know a few years ago you said that you don't want a girlfriend. So we left our thoughts to set up with a girl. But now I think we should start finding a girl for you to get married."

"MARRIAGE!!" The only word is enough to give him shock. The smile on his face dropped and he became anxious.

Ahana got up from her seat and alluded Ekansh to shift to another chair and she herself sat beside Abhay caressing his face said in a soft voice, " Bachha, don't you want to get married...hmm??"

He didn't say anything just bobbed his head in yes. She understood his fear and said, "Do you like someone or should I start searching for your bride."

He said with his head still low, "I don't have anyone in my mind. You find a girl. I trust you all." and leaving the table he moved towards his room.

That's it for today!!!

What do you think Abhay is scared about?? 

Tell me how it was!!!

Please guys you can talk to me, I don't bite trust me!!!

Please read, vote and comment your views on the story!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Toodles!!!