FIRST DATE

Author's POV

"I've seen you behaving like this with Sona bhabhi too. But didn't say anything nor did Ansh Bhai. Because we know Bhabi is bold enough to speak up when someone says something hurtful or wrong. But My Wife is too naive and innocent. And I won't tolerate this kind of behaviour with my wife." He warned her in a hard tone.

Vasundhara somewhat looked intimidated by him as it was the first time Abhay talked with someone like this. He was always a sweet and caring guy who respected everyone. But this appearance of him was a complete shock for her.

Simran who was coming from the kitchen heard everything. No doubt her beat missed a beat or two when he took her stand but still she didn't like him talking that way to his aunt for her. She didn't want to create a rift between him and his family.

Shaking her head to free her mind from those thoughts, she smiled and came with hot tea. 

Abhay smiled looking at her which she returned with a shy one and gave the cup of tea to Vasundhara. They had their breakfast in comfortable silence.

Following Simran took all the empty dishes to the kitchen and Abhay helped her even after her reluctance.

She was washing the dishes whereas Abhay was drying and placing them in their cabinet.

"Ummm.... If you don't mind.... Can I say something?" Simran started hesitatingly.

"Sure. And you don't need to take my permission before saying or doing anything. Just say it." He said in his gentle voice.

"Ummm.... Aapko Masi ji se is tarah baat nahi karni chahiye thi." She said.

("Ummm.... You shouldn't have talked to Aunt like that.")

Abhay looked at her confused then realised that perhaps she listened to what he said to Masi when she was in the kitchen.

"She should have not behaved like that with you or anyone. I didn't say anything wrong." He shrugged while wiping the plate with utmost concentration.

"But still... She is our elder. And we should not disrespect her in any way."

"Even if she disrespect us?" He questioned still focusing on wiping the plates.

"Abhay." He immediately looked at her. His heart missed a beat hearing his name from her for the second time.

"I know, aapko meri fikra hai. Lekin unhe bhi hai. Maine dekha hai unhe sabki care karte huye. She really loves everyone of us. Though unke pyar dikhane ka tarika alag hai.

Aur jo pyar karta hai use daatne ka bhi hak hai. hai na. Please aap unse gussa nahi hoiye. Woh Dil se bahut achhi hai." She said.

("I know, you care about me. But she does too. I have seen him taking care of everyone. She really loves everyone of us. Though her way of showing love is different.

And the one who loves us, has the right to scold us too. Isn't it. Please don't get angry with him. She is very good at heart.")

He looked at her contemplating if he should be happy that she cares about others so much where people are becoming more selfish day by day. Or be mad at her that she cares about everyone but herself. Vasundhara scolded her so badly she was still thinking about her.

"I'm sorry agar aapko meri kisi baat ka bura laga ho toh." She said when Abhay didn't say anything and kept looking at her with blank expressions.