REALISATION

The whole family was standing in the hospital corridor. Everyone had displeased expression on their face and in the heart, they were concerned about Simran's health.

"Akshu, bachche, koi baat nahi. Ho jata hai kabhi kabhi." Ahana said keeping her hand on Ekaksh's shoulder, who was glaring at Abhay.

("Akshu, kid, it's okay. It happens sometimes.")

Abhay kept standing there with his head bowed down. He was ashamed and disappointed in himself. How could he be so careless. How could he not take care of his only person, whom he calls his Jaan, his life.

"You know, Bhai, jaise ek chhota baccha dard mein apni maa ka naam leta hai, bhabhi aapka naam le Rahi thi. She was almost unconscious because of so much pain but even in that state, she was calling you only.

But I don't understand one thing, Bhai, what was so important that you didn't even get time to see your phone once. Do you know how many times we have called you." Ekaksh scolded Abhay badly but ended up crying. Though Abhay is his idol and he respects him a lot but what he did today, really disappointed him.

("You know, brother, like a small child takes his mother's name in pain, sister-in-law was taking your name.)

Abhay took a step and hugged him. He could not justify himself because he knew what he did was utterly careless and irresponsible behaviour.

"I'm sorry." Abhay whispered as right now could do nothing but apologize.

"I was so scared, Bhai." Ekaksh whispered back.

"I'm so so sorry." Abhay mumbled.

Ekansh walked to them and rubbed Ekaksh's back.

Abhay broke the hug and both the brothers looked at their elder one. The trio shared a hug supporting each other.

Ahana smiled and looked at Aryaman who was already smiling looking at them.

"Aapko pata hai, mujhe na humesha Darr lagta tha ki inka bachpan mein jo aapas mein pyar tha woh bade hokar kahin khatam na ho jaye. You know na aajkal toh sage bhaiyon mein nahin banti. But I guess, we did a good job."

("You know, I always had this fear that the love they had for each other in their childhood would not be lost when they grew up. You know na, these days even the siblings get differences. But I guess, we did a good job.")

"We actually did." Aryaman said and wrapped his arm around Ahana's shoulder.

"Umm.... I think we should inform Simran's parents about this." Sonali broke the emotional silence.

Abhay immediately wanted to refuse but everyone agreed saying Simran is their daughter and they have all rights to know about her. Moreover they would be hurt and angry if they came to know that Simran was in hospital and they (Abhay's family) didn't even tell them about the same.

However Abhay couldn't tell them that they are just an excuse in the name of parents and would not care about anything but still dial Rajiv.

"Hello, ji damadji. Namaste. Kaise yaad kia? Sab thik hai na." Rajiv, who answered almost immediately, said politely.

("Hello, yes son-in-law. Greetings. How you remembered us. Is everything alright.")

"Umm... Uncle, Can you.... Can you come here at our place?" Abhay said as told by Ahana didn't tell about Simran being in hospital as according to them that would not be a good thing to tell on the phone as they would get worried.