ENGAGEMENT

Author's POV

It's crazy how fast time flies and how things progress. And the same happened with them. And tomorrow is Simran and Abhay's engagement. Not many people were invited. Only their close family and friends. However, Simran's Mama ji (Uncle) wanted to come as Simran is his favourite kid of his sister. But couldn't come because it was a small private function.

The expenditures of all the functions were equally divided between the Groom and Bride's side which made happy and relaxed Rajiv and Gargi as they won't have to spend their hard earned money on their good-for-nothing daughter.

Simran was not feeling or thinking anything about it because she knew if she began to think about all the things happening around her that too this fast. Then she will be so uneasy that won't able to do anything properly which will make her parents angry and right now her training to make her a perfect daughter-in-law was going on its full swing.

Although what is the need of thinking or saying anything when you know that your thoughts or words won't be valued. So she left everything on God's will. She was ready to go where the path of her fate takes her.

On the other side, Abhay was overjoyed as he was going to get engaged with his first ever crush and slightly nervous too.

If he would be able to keep her happy or not.
If he would be a good husband or not.
If he would be able to give her the life she expected or not.

Moreover, he tried to ask for her phone number multiple times. First directly when Rajiv straight away denied saying it was not allowed in their family for girl and boy to meet or date nor phone calls so whatever he wants to talk to her, save it for after the marriage. And once he tried indirectly too, making Sonali ask for her number from her father still he directly said no. She didn't even come for the engagement shopping and her father said she couldn't take leave as the exams are going on in her school. And he couldn't call anyone else as they had Rajiv's number only.

Thinking all this he was getting nervous but he decided to leave the negative thoughts behind and concentrate on the good things happening in his life.

Simran's House

Simran came downstairs to the living room and saw her father sitting on the sofa looking tired. Maybe because of running here and there for all the arrangements. She asked, "Papa, shall I make some tea for you?"

He looked at her and nodded tiredly. She was about to go to the kitchen when the door bell rang. So she first went to see who was at the door. She opened the door and was confused to see a man there.

"Namaste." The man greeted her. 

"Ji... Namaste...how may I help you?" She asked politely. But before the man could answer Rajiv heard a man's voice and his doubtful trait came out and the next moment he was standing in front of the man and gestured for her to go inside because she wasn't wearing Dupatta with kurti and she left immediately.

"Ji.... I came from Trenditional Boutique. This is the engagement dress for Simran Mam. Abhay Sir asked to deliver here."

"Oh!" He could only say that as his doubt got wasted. Yes, Simran 's parents were all ready to buy the cheapest clothes for her engagement and rent the cheapest outfit for the marriage. But their all hopes were dashed when Ahana called to ask Simran to accompany them in the shopping but Rajiv straight away said no making the excuse of Simran not having any leave. And at the end it was decided that they will send her dresses for all the functions of the marriage.