PRE-WEDDING

Simran's House

"Gudiya!" A lady called Simran who was sleeping soundly with her hands covered with henna which was dry now as last night was her mehendi ceremony and she was really tired sitting in one position for five hours.

("Doll!")

"Meri bachi uth ja ab. Dekh sab tera intezar ke rahe hai." She again said but Simran didn't even move.

("Get up now, my child. Look, everyone is waiting for you.")

"Gudiya!" The lady again said lovingly caressing her hair.

("Doll!")

"Nahi uthi yeh abhi tak. Kya Karu main is ladki ka. Yeh toh hamari naak katwane ka soch kr hi baithi hai. Ghar mein itne sare guests hai Aur yeh yahan aaram se so Rahi hai." Gargi came shouting loudly like always.

("Didn't she wake up till now. What do I do with this girl. She has decided to bring shame to us. There are so many guests in the house and she is sleeping peacefully.")

"Didi, Aram se. Uski shadi hai. Kam se Kam Aaj toh pyar se baat kijiye." The lady said to Gargi.

("Sister, Relax. It's her wedding. Talk to her with love at least today.")

"Amita, tum nhi janti. Ise pyar ki baat samajh nhi aati." Gargi said and pulled Simran's hand and made her sit because of which she got startled. She looked around confused then understood that it was her mother who woke her up. But who wakes someone up like this. She thought still sleepy.

("Amita, You don't know anything. She doesn't understand with love.")

"Uth Jaa, uth Jaa. Ghar mein kitne kaam hai aur tu yahan so rahi hai." Gargi again shouted, shaking her violently.

("Wake up. Wake up. There is so much work in the house and you are sleeping here.")

"Didi, Aaram se. Achha aap ek Kam kijiye app ja kar niche arrangements dekhiye. Main ise tayaar kar ke lati hu." Amita said in her calm voice.

("Sister, Relax. Do one thing you go and see the arrangements and I will get her ready.")

"Theek hai. Jaldi karna." Gargi said and left but not before glaring at Simran.

("Fine. Do it fast.")

As she left, Simran again laid down  placing her head on Amita's lap who caressed her hair with love.

"Mujhe dar lag rha hai." She said and pouted.

("I am scared.")

"Kis baat ka dar, hum Hain na." Amita asked.

("Afraid of what, we are here right.")

"What if he also happened to be like my parents. He also didn't like me and took me as a responsibility and burden. Mummy Papa will get rid of my responsibility after my marriage but what will he do when he gets fed up with me." She told her feelings.

"Arey, Mera chota sa bacha Aisa sab kyu sochne laga."

("Hey, why did my little baby start thinking like this?")

"Mami, you know they say no one can love you the way your parents do. But in my case, it's totally opposite. I don't want anyone to treat me as my parents. And most importantly, when my own parents, who gave me birth, don't want me then how can I expect anything from anyone else." Simran said.