POST-WEDDING

Author's POV

The bride and Groom took everyone's blessings and then it was time to leave but before that 'Juta Chhupai' was to be done. When Chitra half heartedly asked for Rs. 51,000/- so Abhay gave it without any argument thinking of it as her calm nature.

At the time of 'Bidai' Simran cried and hugged her Mama Mami but not her parents. Though her mother hugged her. But it was not at all emotional whereas her father just kept a hand on her head as a blessing which looked weird to Abhay but he slid it aside.

In the car, She was crying thinking about what her parents said to her before the marriage. On one hand, he wanted to hug her and console her. But he didn't know if she would like it or not. So just kept a reassuring hand on her knees and gave her a handkerchief which she took without looking at him and wiped her tears.

"Aap chahe toh thodi der so jaiye. Ghar pahunchne mein almost 5 hours lagenge."

("You can sleep for sometime if you want. It will take almost 5 hours to reach home.")

She looked at him and said, "Nahi, theek hai."

("No, it's ok.")

He hummed in response and closed his eyes resting his head on the seat and she kept looking out of the window. But there was nothing to see as it was dark now. She got bored and didn't realise when fall asleep because of tiredness.

As her eyes got closed, Abhay peeped through one eye and when he found her sleep. He opened both eyes with a smile and kept looking at her and fell asleep like that only.

Because of the night time, the traffic was less and they covered five hours' distance in only three hours. The car stopped on the porch of Abhay's house.

Ekaksh opened their car's door excitedly and found them asleep. Simran's head on Abhay's shoulder whereas his hands were in her lap. Looking at them cuddling, Ekaksh smiled mischievously and clicked their picture on his phone.

Keeping his phone back in his pocket he shook Abhay, "Bhai, Bhai wake up. Ghar aa gya."

(".... home has come.")

Just then Ekansh came from behind and slapped his back of head and said, "Abe gadhe, Ghar nahi aaya. Hum Ghar aa gaye hai."

("You donkey, home hasn't come. We have come home.")

"Ansh Bhai, Please. Main Bhai ko jaga raha hun na."

("...I am waking brother up.")

"Aise nahi jagate." Ekansh said and shook Abhay with little force. He woke up at once and saw himself and Simran cuddling. Then looked at the brothers wiggling their eyebrows with a teasing smile. He blushed and she woke up the moment he touched her shoulder to wake her up.

("Don't wake up like this.")

Seeing her head on Abhay's shoulder and his hand in her lap, she got embarrassed. Sensing that Abhay removed his hand and got down the car. Whereas Ekaksh forwarded his hand to his bhabhi to help her but Abhay pulled him backwards and held her hand to which both the siblings chuckled and Simran smiled.

"Arey bhai, aur kitna time. Thak gayi mein thaal pakde pakde." Ahana yelled from the entrance.

(′′Hey guys, how much more time. I got tired holding the plate.")

Abhay and Simran walked towards the entrance hand in hand. Ahana did their aarti and Sonali placed a pot of rice which Simran kicked lightly as told. Entering the house, she couldn't stop herself but looked around the house which was looking really antiquated but well maintained.