PAST INCIDENT

Abhay's Room

Abhay entered his room and sat on the bed while resting his head on headrest. As he closed his eyes, a trait of tears fell from his right eye and he wiped that immediately. But could not stop more tears from shedding. Now, he broke down completely. They say 'All wounds heal with time'. But not in his case. It's been years since that past incident but still it hurts the same.

And now the topic of marriage, which he always procrastinated. It's not like he doesn't want to get married but he is scared. He was lost in his thoughts when heard a knock at the door. He wiped his face and stroked his hair with his fingers to make them look presentable. He went to open the door and saw Sonali standing there. He opened the door wide to let her come and followed her in the room.

He sat on the bed knowing that now her lecture will take a long time. But she didn't say anything and kept looking at him. After a few seconds, she sighed and sat in front of him taking his hand in hers. He was still looking at her and waiting for her to start her lecture. But she was sitting silently holding his hands. Her warm and affectionate touch was enough for him to breakdown again. He hugged her tightly and cried his heart out. She kept hugging him while caressing his head and back. After crying enough, he broke the hug and wiped his tears.

She said while wiping his face, "Bacha, You know till the time you will keep looking back, you cannot move forward in life. So stop thinking about the past and live in the present and think about your future. Just forget about the past.....hmmm."

He just nodded his head without saying anything so to change his mood she teasingly said, "You leave everything....and tell me what type of girl you like. So I can find a girl of your liking."

He looked at her and said calmly, " What do you mean by type, Bhabhi. We are talking about my future wife and not some show-piece which should match with the interior of my house. I just want a girl who could love me and care a little about me. With whom I won't feel lonely. And who would turn this house into a Home.

Sonali kept looking at him and after a few seconds said dramatically while wiping her imaginative tears, "Oh My baby has grown up!"

Abhay chuckled and shook his head at her drama. She was always pampered in her house as she was the only child of their parents and her in-laws also didn't let any stone unturned in pampering her as she is the only daughter-in-law or should I say daughter which they always considered her. They always treated her like a baby and she considered Abhay as her child, however, she is just one year older than him.

Seeing him smiling, she pulled his cheeks which made his already red cheeks as he was crying before even more red because of his fair complexion. His smile widened and he hugged her saying, "I love you, Bhabhi." Just then the door of his opened and there was standing Ekansh with an angry face.

Abhay and Sonali looked at him with bored expressions and he came into the room and tried to pull Sonali away from Abhay. The key word tried but he couldn't do so because Abhay pulled Sonali towards himself from the other side.

Ekansh glared at Sonali and then said irritated to Abhay, "Leave my wife's hand."
Abhay also said with the same experience, " You leave my bhabhi's hand."

Before he could say anything further Sonali intervened, "Guys stop fighting like kids. And you.... don't you have to go to the office tomorrow let's go." She said to Ekansh.

Abhay said confusingly, "Where are you guys going. At least stay for the night leave in the morning."

But before Sonali could say Ekansh uttered, "No need. We will leave right now. Or else you both will keep sitting and chatting all night here only. And she needs rest....Come Sona."