WEDDING NIGHT #1

Abhay's Room

Simran was sitting on the bed hugging her knees to her chest with the eyes down. Abhay was looking at her as if filling his soul with her beauty, sitting in front of her. She kept looking down but when couldn't bear it she looked up at him and asked hesitantly, "Aise kya dekh hai?"

("What are you looking at like this?")

"Aapka khubsurat chehra."

("Your beautiful face.")

She blushed. And he leaned forward, her eyes closed on their own feeling him so close. He smiled seeing his effect on her. He opened the drawer beside the bed and closing it moved back, feeling him a little away she opened her eyes and saw an off white colored gift box in his hand.

She looked at him with questioning eyes. He gestured to take the box which she took but still was looking at him.

"Meri taraf se, your wedding gift. Khol ke toh dekhiye."

("Your wedding gift from my side. Open it and see.")

She looked at the gift then at him and said guilty, "But.... shadi toh apki bhi hui hai na. Aur main toh aapke liye koyi gift nahi layi."

("You also got married, right?  And I didn't bring any gifts for you.")

He chuckled and said, "Aap jo aa gayi. Kisi gift ki kya zarurat hai. Aap meri zindagi ka sabse pyara tohfa hai."

("You came, right. What is the need for a gift. You are the sweetest gift of my life.")

She blushed and he smiled. He again gestured to her to open the gift which she did and found a beautiful necklace. She was looking at it with awe when he said.

"It's not diamonds. These stones are fake but it's real silver, rose gold plated. I know, you must be thinking what type of man I am. I couldn't give my wife real diamonds as a wedding gift. But I'm not a kanjoos (miser) actually most of my savings spent on the wedding. I thought I would buy a nice gift at the end but till the end..."

"It's ok. And I really like this. In fact I love it. And thank you for not buying much expensive things. It's beautiful." She said making him sigh.

"Aapko sach mein pasand aaya." He asked hesitantly again to confirm.

("You really liked it.")

"Ji."

("Yes")

He kept looking at her with his charming smile and leaned forward. She nervously smiled back but he came too close. His nose was touching hers and she closed her eyes when he kissed her forehead and kept his lips there for a few seconds longer.

He moved back and looked at her face. Her eyes were closed and breathing stopped. Shaking his head, he caressed her left cheek with his thumb. She opened her eyes breathing normally and looked at him. His eyes had many emotions like adoration, trust, comfort and love.

No no. Not love. How can he love me when he doesn't even know me well whereas my parents never loved me my whole life. She thought.

He noticed her lost in her thoughts. So he held her hand and caressed it and said, "Thank you."

She came out of her thoughts and said - thinking he is asking her to say thank you for the gift, "Thank You for this beautiful gift."

He chuckled and said, "I'm not talking about gift."