PYAR

Sonali left the dining room offended by Ekansh's words. Simran looked around to see everyone devouring the tasty food made by her without any care.

'How can these people be so unaffected?!'

"Jaan eat na." Abhay said seeing Simran lost in her thoughts and fed her with his hands. She found it really weird but didn't say anything and had her food quietly.

********************************

"It's been so long since I came here getting angry from him but that Ansh didn't even come after me to see what I'm doing here alone or am I too angry at him.

Baith ke abhi tak chicken korma aur biryani ki dawat uda Raha hoga.

And I'm sitting here. Hungry.

Urgh... I won't leave him." Sonali was murmuring sitting in her room and was getting hangry imagining Ekansh eating the tasty feast when she was hungry.

A few minutes later, she heard a knock on the door.

"Ansh, I don't wanna talk to you or see you right now. So just go and have your favourite meal made by your favourite person. No need to wate your time on me." Sonali said with her back facing the door.

"Umm.... Bhabhi, it's me. Simran.... May I?" Simran asked her permission to enter the room.

"Tumhara hu Ghar hai. Tumhe permission ki kya zarurat." Sonali huffed.

("It's your house. Why do you need permission?")

"Bhabhi, aap mujhse gussa hai." Simran asked cutely entering the room with a plate in her hands.

Seeing her, Sonali's anger melted.

"Gussa hun, par tumse nahi. Uss Ansh ke bacche se. Tumne dekha na, woh kaise tumhari tariff kar raha tha." Sonali said and Simran lowered her head feeling bad.

("I am angry, but not with you. With that Ansh. You saw how he was praising you.")

"Please don't mind. I really don't have any problem with him praising you. But he shouldn't have atleast compared. I know you are an amazing cook aur mera khana toh kabhi kabhi khane layak bhi nahi Banta. Lekin is cheez ko baar baar sunaane ka kya matlab." She complained.

("....And sometimes my food is not even edible. But what's the point of rubbing this on my face.")

"Bhabhi, you have all the rights to be angry with Bhai. But please have your food first. Then you can fight with your husband as much as you want. I made it for all of you with my heart. Please don't stay empty stomach." Simran said forwarding the plate filled with chicken korma, tandoori roti and chicken biryani.

Sonali looked at Simran then at the plate. She licked her lips as heavenly aroma of the food reached her nostrils.

She was about to hold the plate from Simran's hands but stopped hearing his voice.

"Haan Haan khale khale. Waise bhi bhook ki wajah se tera dimaag kharab ho gaya hai." Ekansh said chuckling.

("Yes yes, Eat. Anyway, your mind has gone crazy because of hunger.")

"Arey, aap aa gaye. Aap ne thik se khana khaya na. Agar abhi bhi aapke kooein (well) jaise pet mein jagah ho toh aur khayenge?" Sonali asked with sarcasm ignoring his teasing statement.