Ten months ago (Mason) CHAPTER 4

I've never had the desire to get to know people. Never liked it. Never needed it. Never wanted it.
I'm from a rich family with good money. Most of the times, my high rang made it easy for me to build well and useful relationships. Relationships that can be helpful when you most need them.
The problem is, it's never just one sided. You cannot always take and think they'll ask for nothing in return. It'll always come back to you.

Maybe at the most unexpected moment. Maybe at times where you expected it most. Unfortunately, I'm at the first case right now. An old friend of mine called me and asked for a favor, he had in exchange for once helping me.

"Kill him, Mason." Enzo say's with the smokey voice of his. "You owe me this much."
I have to bite back a pissed response, because I sure as hell do not owe him 'this much'.
I always make sure that I am never in deep debts by others. The people I'm connected to are mostly bad humans. Dangerous and terrifying. The good thing of being connected to those of the bad kind, you get dangerous too. Powerful even.

People fear me because they know what I am capable of. What I already did. They know you shouldn't mess with me because it wouldn't end well for them. It never does. I'm not saying I am an emotionless piece of shit- even though I mostly am. I do pity some people and feel guilty for them of the smallest amount of time.
I'm not a monster, but that doesn't change the fact that I can turn into one when I need to be.

"Did you hear what I just said, Mason?" he asks, annoyance resonates his tone. "Kill him. Do it and we're quit."
I close my eyes for a few seconds, enjoying the silence as long as I can. "It's done." I tell him and end the call.

                                   ̃
I hate killing, but I must admit, there are some special moments while doing it.
The overwhelming power you feel of deciding, if a person gets to live or not.
When all life floats out of someone's eyes.
The silence after you pulled the trigger.

All of these just mentioned points make me feel alive, sending my blood rushing in my veins. And I do know that that is cruel, but I guess that's just who I am. A human who plays god, when he shouldn't.
I'm playing god right now. I've been looking for Alex Redfield up for three weeks now- the guy I've been send to kill. He's one of the kinds who knows how to hide. The only problem for him is, that I'm really good at what I'm doing. My job is like a game to me, and he is my next target.

Alex is still working on his desk right now, even though we already have after midnight. I know everything about my victims- their jobs, families, where they went to school and all the little secret information nobody thinks is of importance. But the little things tell us the most about a person.

Alex is an workoholic, cheating on his wife for years now and making some extra money by selling drugs. He's a bad person. Not even giving love to his two children. Instead of loving them, he abuses them- punching them since they're old enough to think- And the main reason why I'd excepted the contract. I've heard about Alex Redfield before, and knew he's not worth living.

So here I am with my finger on the trigger of my gun, pointing at the person I'm send to kill. My sniper feels like a comfort in my hands, like something that belongs to me. I'm an expert at what I'm doing, so I won't shoot him at a nearer distance. That would be too much to deal later with.

A Sniper makes my job a lot easier. This man doesn't deserve a fast death, but I'm not a friend of torture, I just want him gone.
I pull the trigger, the bullet shatters the glas of the window I've been looking through, and then hits Alex right between his eyes. He's dead in an instant. My debt is hereby settled.

I don't even bother calling Enzo, he will hear about the death of Alex Redfield soon enough.
Instead, I do what I've been looking for for three weeks now.
I message Fay Elizabeth Collins a text. She's been on my mind ever since I saw her at the bar again. It seems like all my thoughts lead back to her.

Me: Missed me, beautiful?

Fay Collins. I've met her at the age of eight, she was one of my new neighbors, only a year younger than me. I wanted to get to know her, mostly because she always had these sad eyes. Eyes of the deepest shade of green I've ever seen, she has curly brown hair wich was a mess most of the times then.

Now, she looks even more beautiful. Like the most fascinating being I've ever laid eyes on. She hasn't changed a bit in temper. Fay always had something sassy to say nineteen years ago, and I guess that trait won't change anymore. It's become her personality.

She's unique in all the way's, and just got my most interesting challenge.
And maybe my first equal rival ever. A rival that really has a true chance to beat me, because when she is near, all my trained control seems to vanish.