Present (Fay) CHAPTER 40

"I still can't believe that you really did it." Mandy whispers beside me. "I swear, Fay, you are my fucking hero."
I give her a small smile that won't fully reach my eyes, when we're sneaking ourselves past the wall. Trying to catch nobody's eye.
"I could have never done this without you." I whisper back. My chest hurting a little, at the reminder what I've already done in here. How I've killed this man.
"That's fucking bullshit, and you know it." she say's, her eyes studying mine. "I was kind of... a strain to you."
"Don't say that." I whisper-shout while looking around. There is nothing to see. Not yet, at least.
"But it's true. You could have easily left without me. So...thank you." I could have never easily left without her.
"Don't thank me. Especially not yet, Mandy. We're still in hell." Mandy is only here because of me. And I hate myself for what I've caused, for bringing her into this situation at all.
She sighs, and is just about to say something when I press my hand over her mouth. My finger making a quiet sign on my lips.
I've heard low voices. Mandy's eyes get wide with understanding and fear, but I know she won't lose it. Not now. Not, when we are so close from escaping.
"They have to be still in the building." a man growls, sounding not pretty sure of his own statement, more like he is hoping us to be here. The problem is; we are.
My heart is beating rapidly in my chest, ready to burst out of there. I close my hands more firmly around the gun, and out of the corner of my eye I can see, that Mandy is doing the exact same thing.
And then I can hear their heavy steps. But they are not loud enough to be more than two pairs of feet's.
"Why the hell has nobody seen her? And where the hell is Enzo?" the other man asks.
"I have no fucking idea, but if this bastard doesn't answer my calls in two fucking minutes, I will fucking believe this bitch has killed him, too." he replies.
The other man chuckles. "I would have loved to see her do that. She is fucking hot, man."
I can hear a loud sound, almost like one of the guys has been pushing the other. "What the fuck? Why did you do that?" the man who's been calling me 'hot' growls in pain.
I think the other punches him a second time, because the fucker hisses in pain once again. "Because this fucking woman has killed one of my best fucking friends, and you are only thinking about getting your dick wet." he hisses through clenched teeth.
I make a sign to Mandy, she takes a deep breath, and then we get out of our 'hiding' spot. Because this is the perfect opportunity to overpower them. My gun is raised high at one of the man's head. The revolver Mandy has taken from Enzo pointing at the other guy.
And indeed; The man -I believe wich's name Brad is- is holding himself above the other man, his fist already high to land another punch.
I smile down at them when their gaze meets mine. "Hey, lady's." I greet. "Nice to see you again." I wink. "And you're talking so nicely about me, too. I'm sorry to interrupt your little party here," I make a gesture with my finger, pointing at the both of them. They shoot themselves a disbelieving look, eyes practically big with the question, 'how could we be this fucking stupid, and let a woman overpower us so easily?'.
"But my friend and I really want to get home now. And you are in our way." I make a thinking sound. Shrug and say, "I could probably say you are a waste, but I would never be this cruel." now their eyes are wide with fear or shock, something in between maybe.
I smile bigger. "We could make a deal, though." I propose. "Mandy here, will take your guns now. And if you won't hurt her, you'll live. If you hurt her, I will shoot you." I can see Brad swallow, hard. "It's your choice." I whisper with a dark edge to my voice.
"What do you decide?" I ask.
"You're a crazy bitch." Brad spits, but I can see him shaking a little. Pussy.
"Wrong choice." I reply, and am already pulling down on the trigger when he calls, "WAIT!"
I arch an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "We will do whatever you say." he announces, his gaze never leaving the trigger under my finger.
"Good." I nod to Mandy. "Like I said. Mandy will take your guns now, don't even think about doing something you'll regret later." I threat. "You won't do something you'll regret, will you?" I ask darkly.
Both of them shake their head like scared little children. Good.
Mandy approaches them very slowly, ready to take their weapons.
"If you move even a millimeter, I swear to god, I will kill you straight away." I threat. Brad and the fucker-I still don't know the name of- body's tenses. Scared to even breath.
Mandy manages to take their guns and phones, looks back at me and asks, "What will we do with them now?"
Kill them. A part of me screams, but I won't do that. Not when there are other options- wich do not involve any dead people afterward.
I point to the room behind her. "We will lock them up. And then we will shoot them both in the legs." all of their eyes get wide.
But we have to, so there will be less people looking for us. It's not like they would die, well, not when somebody finds them soon enough. But that is not my problem to deal with then anymore.
"Y-you can't do that!" The no-name fucker calls in panic.
I glare at him. "I can. And I will."
"NO!" Brad practically cries. "We've done what you've told us to do." wich is practically nothing, but let him think whatever he will.
I sigh. "Yes. And I won't kill you, I will only shoot you, so you won't follow us like lost puppy's."
"We won't do that. Please! I promise!" Mr. no-name tells me with pleading eyes.
"Enough with the begging." I say, annoyance in my voice. "Stand up very slowly now, hands in the air for me to see."
They do as I command, fear in their eyes. "You have the keys, right?" Mandy asks.
"Yes." I reply, they lay heavy in my pockets. I've stolen them from the man I've killed to rescue Mandy, but I've not yet needed them.
She nods, and then points her gun too, at the two men, approaches the door and opens it.
Mandy makes a gesture with the gun for the guys to get in there. With cold sweat on their foreheads they walk into the room.
I rush inside too after looking left and right, confirming that we are alone.
"Sit." I command. They shoot each other a look and I can tell, their mind is playing with the thought to fight us.
"I thought you didn't want to die." I say thoughtfully. "But I guess you've just changed your mind."
They've never been sitting faster. I smile.
"Could you close the door, Mandy? We don't want anybody to hear their screams."
Mandy does as I say, her hands shaking a little. Of course, she's never seen this Fay before. Something we have in common. But l guess there's a first time for everything, isn't that right?
Thank god the walls are practically soundproof, because when I finally pull the trigger, they scream as if they'd just lost their own child. I shoot into both of their feet's and one leg, making sure they could never follow us. Blood is running out of their wounds, soaking the carpet in front of them immediately red.
I take Mandy's hand, pull her with me, close the door with the key's, and then we run.
Running as if we're being followed by monsters. And I guess this description is not so wrong after all.
But the most important question is, are we really running out of our hell, or straight into it?