3 months ago (Fay) CHAPTER 32

I actually don't wanna go and leave Mason here alone. Not because I think he'd be lonely, it's because I want to spend more time with him. But I've promised Mandy to meet her today, and I always hold on to my promises.
Marc (Mandy's boyfriend) is an asshole. I don't believe there has ever been a time, when he wasn't. And I really have no fucking idea how Mandy can't see that. She loves him and I guess love really does make some people blind.
But the moment he really hurts her, I'll take out my anger on him. I really really dislike this guy.
He's the kind of man who cheats and gives the fault to 'his' girl. I'm pretty sure Marc has cheated on Mandy at some point, but I don't have any proof to tell her, so I don't. I mean, what if I'm wrong?
But I still believe, that they are so not meant to be together. Mandy deserves so much better. She needs someone who is consumed by love for her, who's first choice would always be her.
I think I've found this kind of man, and just the thought of him gives me butterflies. The way he looks at me. The way he touches me. The things he says and does to me. He makes me happy. Makes me feel safe and cared for. Is this love?

When Mandy opens the door, she's a mess. Her mascara makes a dark trail down her cheeks, her hair is in a messy bun and she's wearing oversized clothes. I can't recall a day, where she hasn't worn something chic. But I guess there's a first time for everything, isn't it?
I don't hesitate long, I wrap my arms around her for a comforting embrace. I feel so bad that I haven't been here sooner. Normally I'm never late, but I just forgot, when Mason was screaming and shaking because of this terrible nightmare.
Mandy immediately starts sobbing in my arms, and very slowly she hugs me back. I make comforting circles on her back, hoping it'll calm her down a little.
"Mandy, what happened?" her shoulders start uncontrollably shaking at my question, making me regret asking at all.
"M-Marc h-he k-kissed another w-oman." motherfucker. I fucking knew he was a cheater.
"Son of a bitch." I growl, vibrating with anger now. How the fuck dare he? Was this really fucking worth it? Losing a girl who was a fucking jackpot?
Mandy has calmed a little when she speaks again. "I went to the bar you like so much. 'Diamonds' I think? Anyways, I just wanted to grab a drink after a hard day at work, and there he was." her voice has turned bitter with hate. "Kissing this gorgeous woman." She lets 'gorgeous' sound like a bad word.
A humorless laugh escapes her, but this laugh turns fast into a cry. "He fucking cheated on me!" she screams in pain. "Why the fuck should I cry over a fucking cheater? He's not fucking worth it!"
I nod my head in encouragement. "Marc is a piece of shit. He never deserved your good heart." her sad eyes meet mine at this statement. "Thank you." she whispers while brushing another tear away.
"Mandy, you don't need to thank me. I'm always here for you. I'm your best friend and you're mine, that's what friends do for one another." I say, giving her a small smile. She sniffles and then returns the smile.
"What do you think about alcohol?" I ask.
She furrows her brows. "It's only 11am."
I arch my own brows. "So? Does the time matter?"
Mandy stares at me for a few seconds and then replies, "The time was never better."
It makes me smile. "Great." I take her hand, pulling her further into her apartment. "Then let's change. We're gonna look great the moment we're finished with our look."
"Not great," she laughs. "sexy."
I grin at her. "Damn right."