6 months ago (Fay) CHAPTER 19

We must have fallen asleep. Because when I open my eyes again, it's still dark outside.
I only had a few hours of sleep, when I feel something heavy on my waist. Masons whole arm is cocooning my middle, I gasp when he pulls me closer to his body.

I can tell on his even breath's that he is still asleep, but it seems like even in his dreams he wants me as near as he can get.
A warm feeling is building in my belly. I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

                              ̃
I groan when something shakes me awake.
"Fay," a deep voice I know very well say's. "you need to wake up, beautiful."
I moan in defeat. "No, shut it, Mason. I'm tired."

He shakes me again, I open one of my eyes a little. And when I see his panicked face, I jump out of the bed.
"What is it?" I ask, reaching out my hand to touch his balled fists.
His eyes are a little red. Did he cry?

I put my hands on his face, studying him in a way I've never did before. "Mason, what happened?"
His eyes start to water, making my heart squeeze in pain at the sight.
He can only shake his head, and then I wrap my arms around his neck. Holding and caressing his head in a loving way.

I can feel him sob in my arms, and it breaks my heart seeing him fall apart like this.
When he's calmed a little, he pulls slightly away from me. Mason brushes his tears away before I can, and then whisper's,
"I've just got a call from the police," he rasps, meeting my eyes he whispers, "Fay." letting my name sound like a prayer on his lips. "My parents died in a car accident today."

I can feel the blood drain from my face. My heart sinking at this statement.
"Oh my god," I whisper, laying my hand on my mouth in shock. My eyes start to burn, too.
Mason looks so broken, so vulnerable. I want to take all the pain he feels away, and give it to myself instead.

I could always live with the pain. But I can't live with the thought of him hurting.
I don't want him to live with this kind of loss, too. Not this soon.
I slowly approach him again and wrap my arms around his middle. Trying to give him as much comfort as I can.

I lay my head against his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat.
Very very slowly he embraces me, too. His head in my neck, just breathing me in.
As if he makes sure, that I am really here. Here for him.

I would do anything for his happiness. Because he is mine. He always were.
That's why I could only really live in his presence. Only feel, when Mason is at my side.
He's the light to my dark, when I thought I could only ever count on myself.

"Please, don't ever leave me, Fay." he say's on a broken whisper, sounding almost like a thought to himself. As if he didn't mean to say it out loud.
I wrap my arms tighter around him and mumble against his chest, "I could never."

A sigh of relief leaves him, and then he pulls away from my neck to crash his lips against mine.
This kiss feels like the first little cure to his injured heart.
The heart, that was always meant to be mine.