3 months ago (Mason) CHAPTER 25

I'm living in my own hell. I haven't touched her in two maddening months. Haven't heard her most addicting voice.
Haven't seen her face to face since that day. 

I'm still looking out for her, of course. I can't let anything happen to her, even though I'd cut of the contact to Fay completely.
It's still dangerous for her, because the people -who'd send me a warning- know about her.

And I think they know exactly, that Fay is my absolute weakness. My only vulnerability.
But maybe, if I don't see her anymore, they might think she was only a fling. Just a vessel of my lust.

I have to keep looking for these people. And these people could be my fucking brother, for gods sake.
The brother I'd thought of dead for twenty fucking years.

My phone vibrates, and I let out an angry sigh when I see the name on it.
"What?" I growl, already burning up with annoyed anger.

"Good day to you, too, Mason." this fucker say's. My fury only heightens.
"Enzo what the fuck do you want?" I try again.

"Seems like you didn't sleep on the right foot tonight. I guess I shouldn't tell you the news about your parents then. Goodbye."
"You're playing with fucking fire, Enzo." my voice is low in threat. "Spill. Now."

He only chuckles and then say's, "I guess you should see it for yourself."
What the fuck happened that he can't tell me on the phone? My god, I despise this fucking bastard so much.
"Fine." I growl, my mood only getting worse. "I'll be there in ten."
I hang up before I hear his voice again.

My phone vibrates in my pockets, but I'm already at Enzo's office, so I ignore it for the time being.
I'm just about to hammer on his door, when it already opens.

There's a smirking Enzo standing in front of me. God, I hate this fucker with all my being.
Killing him would give me such a satisfaction.

I quirk an eyebrow at him when he doesn't move. Enzo makes an exaggerated gesture with his hands for me to come in.
"You're early." he greets me.
"I'm just not late." I simply reply. Not in the mood for fucking small talk. "What did you find, Enzo? Two fucking months too late I have to add."

I already punished him for being fucking useless.
He gives me a scowl and tries to defend himself by saying, "It wasn't that easy."
"Then you should stop calling yourself a master in your doing." I snap. "Now fucking show me."

I take a seat when he goes for his laptop. Enzo turns it so it shows in my direction, then clicks the button for the video on the screen to play.
The first time I see the video I can't believe my own eyes. The second time I'm stunned into fucking madness. And the third and last time, I'm vibrating with restrained anger.

"This happened one week ago." he states, while trying to study my expression.
I'm very good at controlling my features, so I'm very sure he can't read a single emotion on my face.
But my mind is full of thoughts, building a fucking tornado in my brain.

Because how is it possible, that every single person who once was dead, is suddenly very alive again?
I'm still looking at the computer screen, and the eyes staring back at me, are my declared dead parents.
How is this even possible?

I'd buried my very dead parents weeks ago. I've seen them myself.
There was not a single spark of life in them. They were as dead as fucking dead can be, so how?
I'm so fucking sick of this life. It's like I'm only a figure in a very big chess field. And I'm very badly losing.

I get out of the chair more violently than I'd intended to. But when the chair falls to the ground, I can't make myself to care and lift it up again.
Without another word, I leave Enzo's office.

When I check the time on my phone, I immediately halt in my tracks.
Because I've got a message. A message from Fay.
I shouldn't, but I do it anyways. I unlock my display to see what she's texted me after all this time.
My heart is beating in my fucking throat.

Fay: I wisg you wouknt have lert. Why leavjng me, whrn never leavjng me whol?
Fuck. She's completely wasted.

I swear my heart is running a marathon in my chest. I miss Fay so fucking much, that just a single thought of her aches.
Me: Are you drunk?

It's a fucking weak response after two fucking months. I want to see her so badly, I'm thinking about just doing that. Not caring about the risk for a moment. But then I remember that the risk inquires, that Fay is in danger, and all my last thoughts vanish instantly. But not the urge to see her.

Fay: No Im not drink mrsdrunkoploice. I'm hacing the fvckinb time of me life.
Right.

Me: You will not realize it now, beautiful, but you have so much spelling mistakes, I can actually hear your mouth saying those sloppy words.
I just know she'll think of me as an asshole. This thought makes me smile at my phone.

Fay: here you aer, obsessung over my mouth once aegin.
I swallow. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Me: Never stopped.
Fay: I hate you.
I know she doesn't. But she'd like to. I know it, because I've tried the same with her. And it never fucking worked. How could it, if she's the only human being on earth I want to spend the rest of my life with?

Me: Never doubted it.
Her next text takes a while. The dots appearing and disappearing over and over again, then she finally sends it.
Fay: Dob't you eveb miss me a litle?
I miss her like fucking oxygen.

Me: Don't do this, Fay.
Fay: why?
I sigh, my chest in knots.

Me: You know why. You shouldn't even text me. Stay away from me.
I don't know if my words hurt her or me more, but my heart feels like it's being eaten alive.

Fay: How can yuo hurt me so mzch without even tuoching me? Without talkting to me?
Me: Fay.
I just want to hold her. Kiss her. Feel her. Just one last time. A last time, that'll last for eternity.

But I know that won't be enough. Because I could never get enough of Fay. She's my sweetest addiction. An addiction with no fucking chance of withdrawal.

Fay: why returning to my life, when never intending to stay?
I've never wanted anything else but her.

But I can't tell her that, because it would make things even more difficult. More hurtful.
I'm not answering her text. Instead, I stare at it for what feels like hours, then I grab my keys and go for my car.
Doing what I shouldn't, but not being able to stop myself.