3 months ago (Mason) CHAPTER 28

I haven't planned coming here, and I sure as hell haven't planned on leaving this country with Fay. But the moment I saw Fay sleeping on her bed, looking as beautiful as ever, the thought just crossed my mind. And now I can't think about anything else, than doing exactly that.

I want and need her more than everything. I think I couldn't live with her rejecting me.
When our gaze meets, and there's still this stunned but unreadable expression on her face, I panic a little.

"You're shaking." Fay whispers after studying me for a while.
And I realize I'm fucking shaking indeed. Fuck.
She reaches her hand out to close it around mine, trying to soothe me with her touch. It's an innocent touch, but it sets me in flames all the same.

When Fay realizes what she's just done, her whole body gets rigid. Her hand not making calming circles on mine anymore.
My body is fucking vibrating with the need to pull her closer. To finally taste her again.

"Fay." I rasp. Her name seems to become a constant sentence to me. Like a little prayer on my tongue.
"Yes?" she whispers back, her eyes moving from the spot we're touching, to my lips.
I swear, if she won't stop looking at me like that, I think I won't be able to hold myself back anymore.

"Beautiful, please don't look at me like that." my voice is fucking betraying me, making clear how much I want her.
Her gaze snaps to my eyes. "How am I looking at you, Mason?"
I fucking groan when I hear my name in this seductive voice of hers. This woman is driving me out of my fucking mind.

My hand seems to have a mind of their own, because my arm reaches out and grabs Fay by the back of her neck. Pulling her closer until our faces are only inches apart.
She gasps at the sudden closeness. Her gaze dropping to my mouth once again, her lips slightly parted.

I'm breathing like I'd just ran a fucking marathon. But she seems to be not entirely unaffected as well.
"You're looking at me like you want me to kiss you, Fay." I rasp. "And it's driving me fucking insane."
I'm drowning in her eyes. She has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, like a portal to a whole other universe. "You drive me insane." I tell her.

"And you drive me into fucking madness." she replies, her voice just as breathless as I feel.
"I hate y-" before she can finish her sentence, my mouth crashes onto hers, swallowing the words she was just about to say.

Her following gasp gives me the chance to push my tongue into her mouth.
I think my heart is bursting. Her taste and smell consuming me.

I grab her by the waist, pulling her as close to my body, as it can get in this sitting position we're in. She's still not kissing me back.
I nibble on her bottom lip. "Kiss me, beautiful." I beg, my mouth brushing her's with each word. Making my lips tingle with the need to get more of her.

I kiss the corner of her mouth. "Please, Fay. Kiss me." she grabs my hair almost painfully, earning a groan on my part and then, presses her lips onto mine. Returning the kiss with angry passion.
I place both of my hands on her hips, lift her until she is placed perfectly on my lap. She straddles me until both of her legs are on either side of mine.

I groan into her mouth when my erection brushes with her thighs.
Fay pulls slightly away from me, breathing almost as heavily as I. Her eyes are barely open when they meet mine. "How long will I have you before you leave again?" her voice is barely a whisper, the meaning behind her words shooting a painful strike right into my chest.

"Don't say that." the hurt in my voice is very audible.
A humorless laugh escapes her. "Why the fuck not, Mason?" she asks, anger now turning to her features. "You're always fucking leaving!" The me hangs in the air, but Fay doesn't need to say it out loud, she knows well enough I can read behind her words.

She pushes against my shoulders. I'm not moving an inch at her brutality, wich makes her only angrier because she hits me again and again, until I catch her wrists, stopping her from punching me any further.
"Let me go!" Fay shouts, her body trying to get out of my hold.

I press her flat against the mattress, one of my hands holding both her wrists above Fays head, the other laying heavy on her waist, stopping her from moving. "No." I say, we're both breathing heavily. "I won't let you go until you fucking get, that I won't leave you another time."

She huffs at me, her disbelief spreading the pain in my heart only further. "Then we'll be here a long fucking time." she hisses, her voice quiet.
I ignore her comment. "Believe me when I say, I can't leave you, Fay."

"No." she's vibrating with anger, I can feel it on my fingertips.
"Believe me, Fay."
"No!" she screams.

A strand of hair has fallen into her face, I brush it away before I lay my hand on her waist.
She's still trying to get out of my hold, fighting me uncontrollably until she's breathless with exhaustion.
"I will never leave you again, beautiful." I whisper into her ear when she's stopped kicking underneath me. Goosebumps spread all over her exposed skin. I kiss her throat, stealing her breath.

"I couldn't, even if I wanted to." I tell her. "Because even though I've left your life, to keep you safe. You've never left mine. You're always in my head. The only thing ever on my mind, is you, beautiful. I can't escape you. You're my biggest temptation. The dream I wish someday comes true."

Fay's gone completely still, I move a little away from her to read her expression. I can see her mind racing with questions, starting to figure something out.
"It wasn't a coincidence that we'd met again," she whispers almost to herself. "was it?"

I stop breathing, her question taking me by full surprise and horror.
When I still haven't said anything moments later, she snaps, "Answer me! Was ist a coincidence or not?"
I swallow, trying to get words out of my mouth. I'm slowly shaking my head and whisper a hoarse, "No."

All the blood drains out of her face. "Why returning after thirteen years?" her voice sounds broken, making me ache from the inside.
I look at her for long minutes before I finally answer her question.

"Because I had no oxygen left, Fay."