TRIGGER WARNING!! (Mason) CHAPTER 51

First I don't acknowledge his words. They just don't make any sense to me and seem to never reach my brain fully.
It feels like a lifetime until I finally say something, the shock written all over my face, there's no hiding my surprise this time.
"What was that?" I say through clenched teeth. But it was a rhetorical question. I laugh a little to hide my roller coaster of emotions. "Because it sounded like you'd just said my parents were the cause for Fay's abduction."
Enzos jaw clenches, his knuckles turning white by the strong hold he has on the chair. "It's true, Mason. I know this must sound like some kind of twisted shit. But I am telling the whole truth. Your parents are my clients. They told me to kidnap your wife. They are the cause for your freaking out sessions in the months Fay was gone."
I can only stare at him, not believing a single lie out of this fuckers mouth.
I take out my phone, not breaking eye contact with Enzo when I hit the call button.
" 'There a problem?" Ryan greets, his voice sounding focused.
"Can you drop by for a few hours?" I ask. "I need a little help with a situation."
There is silence on the line for a few moments, but then, my brother answers with four simple words.
"Be there in ten." and then he hangs up.
I smile down at Enzo, he's shaking with fear, his eyes wide.
He knows I just declared him dead. Because Ryan only drops by to help me dispose of the corpse.
Enzos corpse.
"Mason, I swear on my life, I'm telling the truth." he says shakily.
"It's easy to swear on something that means nothing."
"Tell me, then. Why would I ever come up with stuff like that?" he asks, anger turning to his tone.
I shrug. "You were always a little creative. And I must admit, you really shocked me with this one. But you're a lying bastard, there's not a word out of your mouth you can count on. It means nothing."
He's just about to say something when I hold up a finger for him to shut the fuck up. I take the tape to my left and attach some of it to his defaced mouth. Now he won't be able to talk anymore.
As much as I'd like to hear him scream in pain, I can't risk any witnesses.
I place the sharp knife onto his thumb, meeting his feared eyes and smile wickedly when I cut it off with a thud.
Muffled screams fill the room. With satisfaction I go for the second finger and watch him come undone when I cut this one off too.
I continue to cut some of his limbs off, until he almost passes out. That's the moment the door opens behind us and Ryan steps in.
He sees the blood on my face first, then, looks down to find Enzo's hand and fingers on the ground.
Ryan's face is unreadable. A mask.
"I see you've begun the fun without me, brother." are his first words.
I shrug. "Couldn't wait to see this bastard in pain."
Enzo cries silently, his shoulders shaking with sobs. And when I look at him, I can tell he won't be awake for much longer.
He's lost too much blood already, he will pass out any minute now. But there's still some time left.
Fuck. I should have started with scars all over his chest first. Just like he did with his colleges at Fay.
At some point, I cut open Enzo's shirt, so I can do exactly that.
I nod to my right, showing Ryan where the knifes are placed. "Choose one and take revenge for Fay with me."
An almost smile appears on his face, but it's just as fast gone as it appeared. Like it was never there.
He picks a small knife with a sharp blade, good to handle for close fights. A good choose for this occasion.
And then Ryan approaches us with slow-long strides, his eyes focused on the fucker in front of us. Ryan is marking his target.
Enzos eyes fall closed, I slap him in the face to wake him up again.
"Don't fall asleep just yet, Enzo." I tsk. "We were just getting started."
And we really were just getting started.
The moment we are done with our masterpiece of scars and blood, Enzo is half dead.
I slap him awake another time, then, remove the tape on his mouth with one fast tear. His eyes snap open again.
I bet he can barely feel a thing anymore.
"I'm sick of your face, already." I sigh. I meet his half closed eyes when I promise, "You will die now. But before you do, I want to let you know, that I've found your daughter, Enzo." his eyes widen with more fear than I thought possible. I nod with a smile.
"Even though she's an innocent in all this, I wanted to let you know, that I'm going to make her life hell. I will punish her, to punish you for your actions. You will die, Enzo." I promise again. "And you will die with the knowledge that your sweet little girl will live a horrible life."
Enzos lips begin to tremble. "Please, Mason. Don't do this. You're not a horrible person."
I take the gun out of my pockets and point it straight at his head. "I wasn't. But that was before you pressured me to be one."
And then I pull the trigger. His feared gaze burned into my memory for a lifetime. And it fills me with satisfaction I never believed to feel again.
I turn to Ryan, his gaze is burnt to the brain mass in front of us.
"Help me clean the mess." I say, sounding a little tired.
He gives me a stiff nod. Then meets my eyes, lays a hand onto my shoulder and urges, "Mason," his voice is calm but still a little on edge. "You won't do anything to the little girl, will you?"
My eyes widen with shock, I push his hands away. "For fucks sake, I would never even imagine hurting this innocent girl. It was a tactic, Ryan. I wanted Enzo to feel the way I did when Fay was gone. I succeeded at that. Don't worry, I won't even look or talk about Enzo's daughter ever again. I played dirty, I know that. But I needed to break him." I'm a little angry that Ryan would ever think I could hurt a little girl. I would and could never.
But then again, how the fuck can Ryan know, if he was so little present in my life?
A sigh of relief escapes his lips, then he looks at the mess of blood and limbs and rasps, "Sorry, Mason. I just wanted to make sure."
I nod, even though he doesn't look at me. "Thank you." my voice is low. "Thank you, for having a good heart."
His eyes snap to mine, a sad smile attached to his features. "I don't. But I appreciate you saying that."
My brows crunch in confusion, but I let it slide. And then we begin to fix the mess.
I can't wait to get back to Fay. It's been hours. And with each passing minute with her not at my side, the urge to see, touch and kiss her got bigger. The rest of my control, to not run to my wife instantly is on a snapping string.
I need to hear her. I need to feel her. Or else, my fading control was just the smallest of my problems.