6 months ago (Fay) CHAPTER 11

I can't take it anymore. I can feel his eyes on me. all. the. time. But I can never see him. I don't know why I care this much, but I hate it. I hate that he doesn't talk to me. I hate that he doesn't text me anymore. But worst of all, I hate, that I said something that night, that had hurt him. He was so nice, so protective and just, so fucking Mason. And I had ruined what was between us with just one fucking sentence.

"Have I won already?" I shatter my glas of wine against the wall of my apartment. Not even wincing at the sound of splittering glas. Even though I've drank a little, I'm still sober enough to drive. Well my sober enough. I take my car keys and leave my apartment. I'm just about to get into my car, when my phone vibrates.
My heart starts to race when I see who's texted me.

Mason: If you get into that car, Fay, I swear to God, I will fucking come and get you.
Is he fucking serious right now? We haven't had contact in months, and this is his first fucking thing to say?
Me: You won't come, Mason. You never do. You leave. That's your thing, isn't it?

Shit. Maybe I really did have a little too much alcohol.
Mason: I dare you, Fay.
Me: Watch me.
Adrenaline is pumping through my veins when I finally start the car.

My phone vibrates again, telling me I have got another text. I ignore it. It vibrates again. I continue to ignore it. And then my phone announces an incoming call. I ignore that too.
I'm already driving, going straight for my favorite bar. And Mason wouldn't want me to be driving, and talking on the phone, would he? I'm only interested in my safety. That's the only reason I'm not talking to him.

Not because I'm absolutely fucking angry at him for leaving me. Not because I never knew, why the fuck he'd left me. Not because he's the only person I'd ever let near my heart, and he still left.
Mason can watch what he's missing out. I don't care. I'm done. So fucking done.

                                ̃
I enter the bar and order straight ahead three shots of vodka. The alcohol is burning down my throat. I love the feeling. It warms me from the inside, when all I can feel is coldness.

A good looking man has been staring at me since I got her. I rise from the seat I've taken and go towards the guy. He smiles at me and starts to walk into my direction, too. We meet in the middle. "Hello," he say's, his voice deeper than I'd expected, but not as deep as Masons.

Why the fuck am I comparing this guy to Mason? I give him a little smile of mine and reply, "Hey."
He puts his hand on my right shoulder, and leans down to yell something into my ear, because the music is too loud to hear anything else.

"Tell me, why does a woman as beautiful as you are, come into a bar all alone?" I don't like that he is touching me, and his pick up line is just as lame as his act. But I've decided to have fun tonight, so I play along. He may seem boring at first, but who knows, maybe he'll be the best sex I've ever had. I give him another of my smiles, showing him all my teeth.

"What's your name?" I ask instead of answering his useless question. He chuckles and then holds out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Enzo." he introduces himself. I put my hand into his much bigger one, and am just about to shake it, when Enzo pulls me closer through it. I gasp at the sudden connection to his body. One of his hands lays heavy on my waist, sending an uneasy feeling throughout my entire body.

My heart is beating a little faster than normal, but I'm not going to make a scene. I'm a little unstable on my feet because of the shots I just had, so I put my hands on Enzo's chest to stop myself from falling over.
"Tell me something about yourself." I say, and earn another laugh on his part. "Don't you think talking is a little overrated, darling?" he asks, and described perfectly that he's just like all the other men.