EPILOGUE

Four years later...

My life used to be miserable. My parents vanished all of a sudden, leaving me alone in this world at the age of seven.
My entire childhood I believed, that they left because they thought I wasn't worth it.
Not worth to be cared for. Not worth to get any attention. And especially, not worth to be loved.
Still two centuries later, I am not quite sure, if they have loved me at all, even when Mason tries to convince me, that they had left for my sake. That the mafia had an eye on me, and I was the focused target, so they had to get lose of me.
But instead of being on the run with me, my parents decided to live like they never had a daughter at all.
I thought nobody wanted to be my family. That I am not worth having a family.
I was wrong...
And the only person who could have proved me wrong, is Mason Anderson.
My childhood best friend. The son of my abductor. The father of our girls. And the absolute love of my life.

Giggles fill the room the moment I stop writing down my life story. My entire focus drifts into to the real world back again.
I look up to stare into two of the most wonderous eyes in the world. The blue so clear, that it could be the sun shining into the cleanest waterfall of this world.
Layla is smiling at me with so much joy and the cutest dimples, that I could hug the hell out of her.
"Mommy?" she whispers, looking back to the door to see if anybody has joined us.
"Yes, peaches?" I ask back as quiet as she has.
She giggles again. I want to trap this laugh, so I can hear and feel it all over again.
"Daddy is looking for me." another glance at the door. "Can you show me a good hiding spot?" her voice is so sweet and childish.
I will never grow bored of it.
I smile down at her. "I am the best in finding hiding spots." I give back with a tap against her nose.
I get up from the chair, going onto my knees in front of her, so we are almost on the same height.
She is so little. So perfect.
Her blond straight hair falls down onto her shoulder, her nose crunched up in joy.
Mason and I have adopted her three years ago, when she was a new born. Her elder sister Nyla, we have adopted at the age of five. She has been looking for parents almost her entire life. Nyla is the smartest seven year old I have ever met.
She is the best in her class and the most creative little girl.
I love seeing my children grow older, but I hate that it happens so fast.

I take Laylas small hand into mine, give her a kiss onto her nose because I can't help myself, and then, we run together to mine and my husbands bedroom.
"I'M COMING!" I can hear Mason call from down the hall, and butterflies fill up my entire stomach.
He is the most perfect father, I cannot even describe into words how much he cares and loves.
Everything he does, is for the family.
Every word that leaves his lips, is a cure to whatever still is poison in my heart.
Layla giggles again. It is not loud, but Mason once was a trained killer.
He knows exactly where we are. And he still plays clueless.
When Layla and I have hidden inside the chamber, her little hand still in mine, I whisper, "Where is Nyla?".
I swear to god, her big blue eyes are shining with light in the dark small room, when they meet mine.
"She has already hidden. I wanted to hide with her, but she said, I had to look for my own spot." she replies, her voice a little sad.
I can barely hide my smile. "Rude." I say. "But this way you have a better chance of winning." I wink at her.
Her eyes light up with excitement. "Really?" she practically beams.
I enthusiastically nod. "Really."

Ten minutes later, Mason and Nyla are opening the door of the chamber, completely out of breath.
Nylas cheeks a little pinkish from running, her brown locks messy, probably from her hiding spot.
She is beautiful.
Masons eyes meet mine before he looks down at Layla. "Found ya." he smiles, and the next second, he grabs Layla by the waist, pulling her over his shoulder.
She laughs and squeaks at his act. I'm laughing too, but then my eyes connect with my husbands, and I know what he is about to do, before he has even done it.
I take a step back. "No." I say in a warning. His dimples light up his entire face.
And the next moment, I am swung over his shoulder too. "Mason!" I say out of breath.
I turn to my left, my daughter grinning like she has won every pet on this earth.
Then I look straight ahead where our second daughter is smiling, looking like this is all she needs.
And I am smiling, too.
Because I know, this is all I ever wanted and all I'll ever need.
And I believe, I just won the impossible challenge.