1 month ago (Fay) CHAPTER 38

I'm married. And I'm happier than ever. It feels kind of unreal, almost like a dream come true.
The smile attached to my lips won't leave, and when my eyes connect with my husband's, I can't do anything other than smile even wider. Husband. He's mine. All mine.
I think Mason hasn't stopped looking at me since we've got out of the church, and he definitely hasn't stopped touching me.
When his arm is not around my waist, his fingers are firmly closed around mine, brushing over the new ring on my finger over and over again. As if he couldn't believe it himself, that I'm now his wife. Fay Elizabeth Anderson.
Mason and I have been celebrating with Mandy all night long, and after hugging Mandy goodbye, we are ready to go home.
I have moved into Masons house one month ago, it wasn't an easy decision to make for me, because I like my apartment very much, but Mason has said, and I quote, "Fay, we are going to get married. Don't you think a little more space than this would be better? Think of all the many places in my house I could fuck you. How many different ways I could take you." and after that, the decision wasn't hard to make anymore. Especially when I think about how delicious he'd taken me after I'd said yes to his suggestion.
"Beautiful?" Mason asks, his expression telling me he has not said something for the first time.
My cheeks turn red. "Yes?" Fuck. My voice is betraying the thoughts I'd just had, and if it's not my voice, it's my heating face.
I meet his gaze and suck in a sharp breath when I can see the hunger in his eyes.
"I've asked what you were thinking, Fay." his voice is hoarse and even a little raspy. A fucking seductive temptation.
"Nothing." I reply way too fast.
"Nothing, hm?" Mason puts his hands around my waist, pulling me closer to him in the middle of the sidewalk.
"Yes, nothing." I breath, my heart speeding up.
He makes a deep sound in his throat, and then kisses his way to my jaw. My breathing starts to go fast.
"It's just," he says through kisses that have me fighting not to close my eyes. "you're eyes are telling me another story, beautiful."
"Oh?" it's barely a whisper of mine. "What do my eyes tell you?"
His mouth is now dangerously close to my own. "That you thought about us fucking. That you are desperately horny right now," his breath hits my skin, sending a warm shudder through my body. "and that you want me to take you." his low words hit me deep in my stomach, and a little deeper. Making places ache with need.
"Are you some kind of mindreader or are you just convinced of yourself?" I ask, my voice mocking.
He chuckles, his body vibrating with low laughter. "What do you think, beautiful?"
"That you can't read minds." I reply, my lips brushing his with each movement of my mouth.
"Only yours, Fay." the next second his lips crash onto mine. I moan into his mouth, my hands wandering into his hair and pulling slightly on it. I love the way he lets me feel. He kisses me, low and steady, the press of his mouth a need on mine.
A bunch of butterflies fly through my stomach, making me feel all kinds of things.
"Let's get you home, Mrs. Anderson." Mason smiles against my lips.
"Yes, let's get us home, husband." he groans at the nickname.
"God, I already love that." he rasps.
"Being my husband?" I ask.
Mason makes a deep masculine sound in his throat, a sound that has me clenching my  thighs together. "Being yours." he murmurs just before he kisses me again. This kiss is pure passion. Much tongue and nibbling on our lips. The taste of him consuming.
Mason growls. "We have to stop now, beautiful." he breathes through hungry kisses.
I groan my disapproval. "No." it makes him chuckle.
"Yes we do, before I fuck you right here and now, Fay." I don't see the problem, actually.
I lightly bite onto his bottom lip. "Fay." his head falls back with a groan, stopping the kiss with a tortured expression on his face.
I sigh. "Fine." I make a gesture to his car. "Get us home as fast as you can."
"As you wish, my beautiful wife." his words sends a heat into my belly that I can't explain. But it's addicting.
My phone vibrates in my bag, even though I don't want, I pull it out to look who's texted me. It must be Mandy, because even though it's a little sad, she and Mason are the only people I really have contact with.
I look at my phone and curse. "Fuck."
Masons worried expression meets mine and with a sigh I tell him. "We have to go to Mandy's place. Now."
When he shoots me a confused look I show him the message. My hands vibrating with anger.

May: I know I shouldn't ask you this, especially not today. And I hate myself for doing it but... he hit me, Fay. My hands are shaking so bad rn, I can barely type. Could you come over. Please.
"We have to go to her, Mason." I say, ready to argue with him but the gaze in his eyes sets my mouth shut.
"Of course. We will drive right away, beautiful." he takes my hand gives it a comforting squeeze. "Everything will be alright."
I nod and give him a sad, "Yes." everything will be alright.
The next moment we are in the car, driving a little too fast to get to Mandy. And when we finally get there, I'm ready to kill the fucker. I jump out of the car, a car door slamming shut. I look to Mason, he's already on his way to my side.
I swallow and ask, "Could you do me a favor?" his eyes shoot to mine. "Anything, beautiful." he replies instantly.
There's a lump in my throat when I say. "Could you please wait down here?"
His jaw clenches, his gaze hardening. I know he's on the bridge of saying no, but I continue before he can.
"I know you don't want to let me go alone. But I won't be alone. I'll have Mandy. And she needs me right now, Mason. Please, let me do this for her. Alone."
My words hang in the air, and the only thing he gives me is a stiff nod. Then he's turning around to go into his car again.
But Mason stops halfway, comes back to me and places both of his hands on either side of my head, pulling my mouth to his.
It's only a brush of his lips, but the contact has me already vibrating with the need of more. But then I think of Mandy and go immediately for her apartment.
And when I've finally arrived, I'm met with horror. I hadn't imagined seeing a tied Mandy. Hair messy, a tape over her mouth and her cheeks wet with tears. She can only give me a panicked cry before something hits my head, hard.  And everything goes black.

That's when day one began. When they started asking the same question over and over again.
"Why has he never searched for his brother?" Because he believed him dead, you fuckers.
Maybe you're asking yourself why I've never answered them. Sometimes I ask this question myself. But I don't want to see what'll happen when I finally tell the truth. It's Masons truth to tell. Not mine.
So I stay quiet. Taking the punches like it's nothing.