♫ | one

2 months ago...

Jisung had his life set. 

He was finally happy. 

He smiled as he looked at the screen of his phone which displayed a conversation with a music artist who had recognized him for his genius lyrics and melodies. 

All his life, Jisung's one dream was to chase after music.

 To become a producer, and more importantly, a singer; a vocalist;  a rapper; He wanted to use his voice and be recognized for it. 

And the time had finally come.

He could finally rub it in his parent's faces who had told him that "music won't get you anywhere". 

All those days of bunking tuitions and practicing his vocals and writing songs had been worth it. 

He got into the car, and sat beside the driver's seat, nervously fiddling with his hands. 

The artist he was talking to on Instagram had told him to come to meet up, and Jisung felt restless.

 He had a good feeling about everything.

Now, he could almost see himself on a stage while being praised by thousands.

He could see his songs being released and inspired creators into producing movies and books. 

The lifelong dream he had for 22 years was right at his fingertips.

But within moments, that dream slipped right through his grasp, and what replaced it was thin rivers of his own blood, streaming down his fingertips, dripping down onto the concrete beneath him.

Everything just flashed before his eyes, and before he knew it, the car he was in got into a deadly accident. 

He could hear ringing in his head and he knew he had multiple cuts. Maybe even broken ribs or limbs. 

Everything hurt as he slowly tried crawling out of the wreckage of the car. 

Blood was all around him; His own and even more from the driver, who was laying lifeless, crushed in his own seat, with multiple open wounds that made Jisung's insides uneasy.

Jisung could feel the raindrops coating his skin. He tried to call out to anyone, but his body hurt too much to do so, and even when he tried, he found that his voice wasn't coming out. 

Jisung felt dizzy.

He had no idea how much blood he had lost that night.