♫ | twenty-one

"Do you think she'd let us?" Hyunjin whispered.

"I don't know" Ryujin whispered back in reply.

"Guys just act normal" Felix whispered too, holding Ryujin's hand as he walked into the living room where his mother was sitting. Hyunjin followed behind them, trying his best to hide his nerves.

The three tried their best to act normal. Felix and Ryujin tried their best to act lovey-dovey to each other as they walked in front of Mrs.Lee, who was on the big couch.

She placed the magazine she was reading on her lap and smiled at the two before glancing at Hyunjin and smiling at him too when he bowed at her a little.

"Are you two getting along well?" Mrs.Lee asked in a curious and joyful tone.

Felix and Ryujin awkwardly smiled at each other before nodding at the women. 

Mrs.Lee beamed. "I'm so happy!"

"Yeah- um mom, we uh- we're gonna go shopping today- and we might need more hands to carry stuff so can we-"

Felix was cut off by his mother. "Of course, Hyunjin could go with you. I know you both are best friends" The woman smiled before going back to her magazine. 

Hyunjin bit his lip and tried not to pout. He knew the woman would never see him as a love interest for her son no matter how badly he wanted it.

Ryujin and Felix looked at each other and they both smiled, happy that their plan worked out better than they were hoping. 

"So can we all just hang out the whole morning or-"

"Fine fine, but if you're thinking about roaming around the city then please take one of the guards along as well. Young people are reckless" The mother simply said.

Felix hummed a little. They wouldn't want his family to know what they were doing. His family guards were loyal to his parents, so bringing any of them along would be a risk to their plans.

"If it's alright, mistress, may I go with them?" Hyunjin, Felix, and Ryujin froze when they heard the familiar voice. They turned to see the butler. Mr.Goseuk.

Mrs.Lee smiled a little and nodded in response. She knew he was the most trustworthy person in the household to look after her son, so of course she didn't have a second thought than accepting it.

However, Felix and Hyunjin internally cursed. They were planning to have a good time together- which would now be almost impossible with the butler around. Ryunjin also felt nervous, both for herself and her two best friends. 

---

"Why are the three of you staying so silent?" Goseuk asked as he drove the car into the parking lot of the mall. 

He glanced at the rearview mirror and saw three pairs of eyes glance at him. They sat in awkward silence, glancing at each other. 

Felix, who sat in the middle, between Hyunjin and Ryujin sighed. He wanted the day to be fun and enjoyable, but having the butler around would mean that he and Hyunjin would need to be really careful.