♫ | eight

Jisung groaned as he heard his alarm go off. He hadn't gotten that much sleep last night, and it sucked to wake up this early. 

He tried to remember why he was doing all this and pulled himself out of bed. 

After getting his butler uniform on, he went out of the room and headed toward the dining room. The first task he had for the day was to set up breakfast for the Lee family.

When he walked into the kitchen first, to get a couple of plates, he bumped into a male with brown hair who had a cup of coffee in his hand.

The drink spilled, but luckily not on the person. However, the male was pissed. 

"Watch where you're walking!" He said before holding his hand up and before Jisung could bow down in apology, he felt a stinging slap on his cheek. 

Jisung stepped away a little, touching his cheek before quickly bowing. 

"I'm sorry" He wanted to say it, but again... he couldn't. Jisung watched as Benseuk, Mr.Lee, walked out of the kitchen, after placing the mug on a counter. He looked displeased. 

He knew he had ruined his morning already. 

Sighing, Jisung started off cleaning the spilled coffee and continuing on with his task to get plates to set up the table.

Some of the butlers had cooked quiet breakfast for the family and Jisung was awed as he looked at the food. He was hungry- but he knew he wasn't allowed to eat before the family does.

Jisung quickly grabbed a bunch of plates before walking over to the table in the dining room and placing them. 

He then went back to get some glasses and utensils before coming back and starting to set everything up.

While doing so, he felt his eyes water a little. Not because he was upset- but because it hurt him. He didn't think he deserved such a hard slap for his mistake... but maybe he did. 

He wiped the tear away, touching his slightly reddened cheek as he continued to set everything up.

After all the plates and utensils were in place, Jisung went back to the kitchen to get the food. After carefully placing them in the most eye-pleasing way possible, he brought them to the table and set them up as well.

"Those smells really nice yeah?" Jisung heard the Australian accent again. He turned around to see Chan, who smiled at him from the doorway.

Jisung nodded aggressively, wanting to imply that they smelled better than just 'nice'. Chan chuckled, understanding Jisung.

"I made this with an older butler last night... He taught me a few tips" Chan said and Jisung smiled before giving the older a thumbs up.

"They smell too good though," Jisung thought as his stomach complained a little. He knew he had to be patient though. 

"Wow... I'm very impressed with your cooking Christopher" Benseuk said as he took his first bite of the food Chan had made. His sons and wife also nodded in agreement while they ate.

Chan, Jisung, and Hyunjin, along with Mr.Goseuk were standing on the side of the table while the family ate.

"Thank you," Chan said, happy that his masters loved his cooking.

"And I also noticed that our garden looks very clean... good work Hyunjin" Benseuk said, making Hyunjin smile and nod. Hyunjin saw how Felix turned to him and smiled while he ate. The older felt his heart feel with that smile.

Jisung waited for Mr.Lee to compliment something he had too. He hoped the older would mention how clean the windows were. How spotless the living room or the study room was. 

Or at least, praising him for setting up the table so nicely. He waited... but the older didn't speak.

Jisung nodded a little and looked down, biting his lip a little. He felt a little hurt. No, he felt hurt a lot. He still had a broken heart that needed to be fixed. Whenever it upset him, it upset him a lot.

 He wanted to be recognized for his effort too. Hadn't he done his best yesterday?

"Jisung" Jisung looked up when he heard his name being called by Benseuk.

"You forgot to dust off a vase in the living room. Please do your job better next time" He said. Jisung noticed how Benseuk had spoken with a warm gesture toward Hyunjin and Chan, and totally different from him.

"He doesn't want me here..." Jisung knew it. He bowed a little before walking away to the living room, immediately getting on with the task. Even if that master's words had hurt him, he was right. Jisung should've done his work better.

Hyunjin and Chan gave each other a look before glancing at Jisung. They already know how hard it must be for him. But they couldn't do more than feel bad for him.

Minho watched Jisung walk out. He noticed how the boy was visibly upset by how his father talked to him. He didn't like the frown on the younger's face.

"Dad- why did you say that?" Minho asked, turning to his father, who paused eating and looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. His mother also looked at him. 

"what do you mean? He needs to remember to do things perfectly" Besnseuk replied.

"But why didn't you mention anything about how he had done his jobs well? I remember you being impressed about the setting of the table this morning" Minho said, making his father furrow his eyebrows a little.

Felix glanced at Minho as he continued to eat.

"Why mention the one thing he did wrong?" He asked and Benseuk stood up abruptly. Felix and Mrs.Lee stopped eating and looked at him. The butlers also turned, startled a little.

"Eat your food Lee Minho. You have better things to do than question how I treat a mere pathetic servant" The older said, glaring at his son before he sat down and started eating.

Minho frowned at his father as he continued to eat with another word.

He really didn't like his father calling Jisung a 'mere pathetic servant'. 

But... isn't that what Jisung really is? Wasn't he a servant? He was... but Minho still didn't like how his father brought him into the sentence.